A few more woodies on Chactawhatchee River.

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

A few more woodies on Chactawhatchee River.

Postby Dajowi » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:41 pm

In case any of you fellow Choctawhatchee river guys are wondering this morning was a little better that the past week or two. Myself and a few buddies limited on woodies and took a few hooded mergansers. Most of the action was in tight flooded areas with floating acorns. I guess they're feeding here. Anyone else seen anything south of hwy 20?
Dajowi
hunter

Where to launchg a boat up there?

Postby john grenier » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:03 am

Where do you guys launch a boat on the C river? I don;t have a motor, so I don't want to launch in the bay and paddle/row forever and a day ...
john grenier
hunter

Gotta have a motor

Postby Dajowi » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:44 am

We launch at black creek lodge but you can't paddle through there. It is to far to the duck holes. The bottom end of that river is full of Gators as well. If you try to paddle you will probably end up in the bay.
Dajowi
hunter

Postby stumphunter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:57 pm

yeah I hunt the ebro area and it seems like we shoot them right after the from gets here but as soon as the weather warms up they are gone.
stumphunter
hunter

Postby stumphunter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:03 pm

hey john there are alot of places on the choctawhatchee to hunt woodies with out going to the bay just find a place to put in at and scout the sloughs remember the river is a state body of water so you can hunt anywhere.
stumphunter
hunter

Postby stumphunter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Oh as long as you stay within the high water mark and right now the river is up so thats not hard to do.
stumphunter
hunter

Postby john grenier » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Cool -- thanks for the info -- can you hunt gators there as well? I saw that advertised after I moved here -- that would make a cool trophy for when I move back to Colo ... I think I'd be the only one on my block to have one ... :getdown:
john grenier
hunter

Postby stumphunter » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:11 pm

oh yeah you can gator hunt theree but only during season and you have to pull a permit it used to be by lottery but now it is first come first serve they only issue so many and they are like a couple of hundred dollars but I think more than one person can hunt off of it but im not 100 % sure on that.
stumphunter
hunter

Postby smoke'em » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:32 pm

Ask kg4yus he hunts gators! He may no if one or more people can hunt of the permit
smoking quack again

Friends don't let friends miss ducks!
smoke'em
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting