STA's

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

STA's

Postby sjtoggle » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:51 pm

My lease sold this summer...headin' over to the STA's this weekend for the first time...anybody have the recent 411?

FIRST TIME OUT THIS YEAR!!!!! Work, work,work
sjtoggle
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:38 pm

OH Boy another one heading for the CANNED HUNTS :toofunny:

Cant help you out, dont hunt them. Dont care to hunt them after hearing the horror stories, people being peppered, yahoo's skybusting everything in sight, setting up on top of you. The blatant disregard of safety, and wildlife laws. See the Enforcement Actions post at the top of the forum page, regarding the jacklegs who were caught shooting 88 ducks at STA 5.

But dont let me discourage you, those who do their homework and scout the areas, get in and out sfaely, dont set up on the guys who hunt the area religiously, and are just plainly safe courteous and ethical can and will have a good shoot at any of the STA's :thumbsup:
Mossy Oak-Waterfowl Prostaff
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
Vice Chair- CFL Delta Waterfowl
Regional Director United Waterfowlers
FFWCC Hunter Safety Area Coordinator
kg4yus
hunter

Postby get 'er done » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:48 pm

i have shot the STA's twice now, completely blind. I would venture to say they are canned hunts because they are pretty good! As the previous post said, don't be an ass, sky bust ect. There are hundreds of passing birds but they do decoy so wait for the easy shot. Rule of thumb is paddle you ass off away from anyone else and certainly not down wind of anyone, find your spot and the birds should come in nicely. FYI bring plenty of coots the ducks prefer to dive in the coots. Suggestion
join United Waterfowlers Florida, http://www.unitedwaterfowlersfl.org/ This group of guys are grade A and you will see alot of them at the STA's. As a member, other members have shared details on any place I have ever tried to hunt. :thumbsup:
get 'er done
hunter

Postby sjtoggle » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:58 pm

Hunted the STA's this wekened as planned and had a great time. Yes, it was much different than the private lease we have been hunting in years past, but everybody seemed to behave in a safe manner and were courtious and law-abiding. In addition to limiting-out, the thing that amazed me was the variety...teal, widgeon, whistlers, pintails, ringers amoung others were all seen.
sjtoggle
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting