Duck Hunting Forum banner

Over seas Duck hunting

940 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mgoldschmidt 
#1 ·
the last week or so of season, I was at the gas station fuling up the boat, and some dude came over and was talking with me about the season. How many, where, weather, etc.

Im convinced that he came over to talk about local hunting just for an excuse to tell me about his Argentina hunt he just got back from. 4 days, cost him $400 a day, (included his food, lodge, etc - NOT SHELLS)
It took him 12 hours to get there- him his son, and two others. Im sure tickets were not cheap either.

this dude and his son (not including the other two) killed 85 birds the first morning. and did this for 4 days!!!!
They hunted all sorts of ducks, parrots (yes parrots) and geese.
He told me that they had so many geese flyin over that his boy blew a three inch hole straight through one goose cause it flew so close to his layout blind. INSAIN!! He said that the photos were incredible. Ducks and geese lined up in a row for yards and yards.

but guess what... they are not able to take ANY meat home. (whats the point?) but all the meat is donated to the poverty stricken areas. Thats good. I suppose you can eat a ton of bird while your at camp :tounge:

Ill stick to Florida and other nearby states. I like my limit of two woodies and one mottled. At least I can eat them, mount it, and injoy it.

here is a pict. of there bag limits!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah! but think of the shooting and someone gets to eat the meat. I'm sure you can get a duck from there mounted.

I watched a show they were hunting in Russia. Would like to give that a hunt. They did some awesome fishing there to.

#3 ·
Theres a difference between a conservation minded HUNTER and and a "how many birds can I kill" SHOOTER :umm:

The point is these are same type of jackarses who setup 50 yds from you, skybust and shoot over their daily bag limits.
You know the type. I bought a pair of waders, a dozen mallard decoys and some steel shot form the cabelas catalog...Im a duckhunter now yeeehaawwwww.
But not all who can afford to go to places like Argentina are idiots.

I remember watching a DU tv episode where the fatcats were hunting mexico where there are no bag limits or conservation rules.
They were killing hundreds of pintail, wigeon and many others, then in the next breath preaching how bag limits in the US conserve game :pissed:

Well where do you think those birds they were shooting come from? The same areas that the birds we in the US are hunting during the migration, Canadian provinces, the Prairie Pothole region, etc...

#4 ·
kg4yus said:
Theres a difference between a conservation minded HUNTER and and a "how many birds can I kill" SHOOTER

The point is these are same type of jackarses who setup 50 yds from you, skybust and shoot over their daily bag limits.
You know the type. I bought a pair of waders, a dozen mallard decoys and some steel shot form the cabelas catalog...Im a duckhunter now yeeehaawwwww.
But not all who can afford to go to places like Argentina are idiots
Yes! you have a valid point but it would still be good to do it once. I haven't done the research so correct me if I'm wrong. US needs the rules and regs because of the arsess. And most other countries don't have the hunting pressure we do here.

kg4yus said:
I remember watching a DU tv episode where the fatcats were hunting mexico where there are no bag limits or conservation rules.
They were killing hundreds of pintail, wigeon and many others, then in the next breath preaching how bag limits in the US conserve game :pissed:
Not to mention! I may be wrong but believe they can also use lead in Mexico. The US needs to put the smack down on there laws at least Canada is on the ban wagon.

#6 ·
Yeah! I had some arsess do that crap to me dove hunting. We were hunting on our dove club and some arsess on a adjacent property were killing the crap out of the doves. The birds were not even coming into our field like usual and were completely bypassing us. So someone called the law : :yes: turns out they had baited the field to. Never new what happened to those arsess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.