Guana river

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Guana river

Postby Doodlejr. » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey y'all, new to the site. Just curious if any of y'all have scouted Guana this season. I took a look around over the weekend a d it looked pretty dismal. Wondering if y'all saw anything different.
Doodlejr.
hunter

Re: Guana river

Postby dogyak » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Yep , you need to scout more then one weekend dude . You don't asked on an open forum with the location and expect people too give you info . Never would happen , you went all about it wrong :no: . Oh , I go to Guana . You want too know where to find the Reds too .
dogyak
hunter

Postby Doodlejr. » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:02 am

Naw man. I know where to find redfish in there. Don't want a honey hole. Just asking if anyone has seen/is seeing birds.
Doodlejr.
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 am

Guana gets hammered. Doesn't matter if the lake is loaded, or if there's only a dozen ruddy ducks using the lake. If you have any intentions of hunting that place on opening weekend, decide soon and get there early. By this time on Friday there will already be a line forming down A1A. Good luck.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 am

DUCK-DAWG wrote:Guana gets hammered. Doesn't matter if the lake is loaded, or if there's only a dozen ruddy ducks using the lake. If you have any intentions of hunting that place on opening weekend, decide soon and get there early. By this time on Friday there will already be a line forming down A1A. Good luck.

Been there done that. Its a little ridiculous if you ask me. Im surprised nobody has wrecked on A1A with 50 boats lined up down the road.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Wetland_Dream » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:58 pm

There aren't any birds there. I wouldnt worry about even hunting it. Stay home and watch football instead.
Wetland_Dream
hunter

Postby dogyak » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:12 pm

If you really study Guana , there is more than one way to duck hunt there. You don't have too use SML . You can check in at US1 check station and walk in too the interior section . Hardly anyone around :biggrin: . Also if you really want to launch at SML , don't go the first or second day due too all the kook's . They pretty much give up by then , early teal week were full the first day , sunday had less than half .
dogyak
hunter

Postby Maysport » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 am

You are right, one doesn't have to use SML, but it is closer and saves a lot of time and gas for hunting the north end. Sort of a PIA to go elsewhere when you have to check in and out there. Frustrating when one State agency forces late-comers to park in the ROW of A1A so another State agency can ticket you, knowing they won't be there past 1:00 and aren't using the beach, which is their primary concern for the "no-parking" rule.

I don't think anyone was there the 2nd day as there weren't hardly any birds in early phase. I don't even want to think about the zoo that will be there on Saturday.
Maysport
hunter

Postby sdeshazo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:24 am

Well unless you have the GG permit you cannot hunt the interior ponds this weekend.
1548 Legend Craft with a MB 4oooS
MoMarsh Fatboy DP
Boykin Spaniel
sdeshazo
hunter

Postby dogyak » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:07 pm

sdeshazo wrote:Well unless you have the GG permit you cannot hunt the interior ponds this weekend.
You are right , just making a point that he needs to do some of his homework instead of internet scouting . All for helping , but asking flat out if anyone seen any birds at a location . We all know what would happen .
dogyak
hunter

Postby Doodlejr. » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Thank you dogyak for confirming what I already knew. See y'all Saturday morning.
Doodlejr.
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:08 am

Doodlejr. wrote:Hey y'all, new to the site. Just curious if any of y'all have scouted Guana this season. I took a look around over the weekend a d it looked pretty dismal. Wondering if y'all saw anything different.

The portion of guana that is open to hunting closed on nov 10, so nobody should be scouting it after that. Guana could be good, and being right by my house its an easy option for hunting...... unfortunately, I have no desire to camp on the side of a1a for a bunch of teal and divers as they are easily found other places. I decided to pass on it for Saturday and I am glad I did.

I don't blame a TV show for the massive influx of jacka$$ hunters... I simply blame their parents... yesterday we had a group hooting and hollering because they killed a "full plume pintail". It was a green wing hen.....I kid you not

Trey
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:30 am

tknight006 wrote:
Doodlejr. wrote:Hey y'all, new to the site. Just curious if any of y'all have scouted Guana this season. I took a look around over the weekend a d it looked pretty dismal. Wondering if y'all saw anything different.

I don't blame a TV show for the massive influx of jacka$$ hunters... I simply blame their parents... yesterday we had a group hooting and hollering because they killed a "full plume pintail". It was a green wing hen.....I kid you not

Trey

I chuckled

Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting