So how many of you.....

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

So how many of you.....

Postby FreedomHunter » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:13 am

So how many of you actually believe the weather forecast before going out? I woke up at 3 am started to get the boat ready and noticed high winds. Seeing it takes a good gust to get to my house I went in to check the forecast which stated up to 30 mph gust. I hunt and fish out of my gheenoe, so instead of driving to the lake I went back to bed. Mistake?

Also, anyone seeing birds? No names of places or lakes just want to know how the rest of FL is looking. My area is so so. No big groups like the end of last season, but still thinking about going out on Thursday with a buddy. The ducks do seem to know the safe part in the northern lagoon though. I have been seeing really good flocks flying high over head, but don't know what they are. Looks like more scoters but a little high to be positive.

Also please post your opening weekend pictures, I was unable to make it out but everyone likes to read post with dead duck pictures.
FreedomHunter
hunter

Re: So how many of you.....

Postby jedisme » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:43 pm

FreedomHunter wrote: Seeing it takes a good gust to get to my house I went in to check the forecast which stated up to 30 mph gust. I hunt and fish out of my gheenoe, so instead of driving to the lake I went back to bed. Mistake?

Yes possibly the worse the weather the better the duck hunting (IMO), my best shoots have been in some nasty weather. High winds keep ducks from rafting up in the middle a lake.

FreedomHunter wrote:Also, anyone seeing birds? No names of places or lakes just want to know how the rest of FL is looking. My area is so so. No big groups like the end of last season, but still thinking about going out on Thursday with a buddy. The ducks do seem to know the safe part in the northern lagoon though. I have been seeing really good flocks flying high over head, but don't know what they are. Looks like more scoters but a little high to be positive.

Also please post your opening weekend pictures, I was unable to make it out but everyone likes to read post with dead duck pictures.

Cant help ya here been stuck workin all weekend. :hammer: :hammer:
jedisme
hunter

Postby Doodlejr. » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:37 am

Here ya go.
Attachments
image.jpg
Opening day
Doodlejr.
hunter