Destin/fortwalton area

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Destin/fortwalton area

Postby 110%mallardpurist » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:31 pm

One of my hunting partners just moved down to destin fl. Looking for some decent public hunting down there??? I'm from georgia and would like to make a trip down for some hunting but have no clue where there is public hunting at. Primarily from my boat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks!!
110%mallardpurist
hunter

Re: Destin/fortwalton area

Postby whaknstak » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:58 pm

What is a mallard purist and how can you be more than 100%?
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby HOPIN4ABOAT » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Anywhere you can launch throws out 150 -200 mallard decoys and hail all morning as loud as possible with your haydels meat beater and what not, you should fit in perfect up here in the panhandle.
Montanafowler wrote:check the jiblets real good, nothing scarier than seeing a bug biting your balls :lol3:
HOPIN4ABOAT
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:57 pm

whaknstak wrote:What is a mallard purist and how can you be more than 100%?

Haha

Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby sbr01 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Lived in Destin many years, grew up 5 miles north of there. No mallards, sad to tell you.

You should consider waiting until March, and go cobia fishing instead. There is a guide on this board who can offer you insight on duck hunting in the area, if you can find him. It's between flyways, so it's not great duck hunting. Go way east or west 3 hours.
sbr01
hunter

Postby 110%mallardpurist » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:38 pm

That means I only shoot green heads dumbass and na man I'll probably do better with my lanyard with nothing but rnts. I swear this website has not got the first duck hunter on it. I bet your sorry ass hasn even ever donated to du or delta waterfowl your probably one of the stupid guys that just goes to the banquet to get drunk and look at the raffle girls and when I say I shoot greanheads or that I'm a mallard purist that means I don't pull the trigger if it's not a mallard greenhead no hens. I would rather watch greanheads all day with no gun then I would go where you ass out shooting divers on the bay. Your nothing but a punk and feel sorry for anyone who hunts in your boat and Also if you knew anything about duck hunting or calling at that fact you would know that haydells makes extremely good calls for the price I don't blow anything but rnt but I would suggest haydells to anyone starting out haydells redleg is by far one of the best sounding calls out there and if you knew anything about calling you'd know it's not the call it's the caller I bet I could where you out with a dam duck commander call. Idiot. Make sure you know who your pickin on next time.
110%mallardpurist
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Well then......it appears that the small space between your ears is filled with vast duck knowledge. Unfortunately there is no longer room for manors or civility. Take your elitist, purist green head stacking, champion calling, know it all self elsewhere. Your not welcome here.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby 110%mallardpurist » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Hey man last time I checked your stupid ass asked for it. If you didn't wanna get a ear full back you shouldn't have even said anything I was asking for advice not your smart ass opinion!!
110%mallardpurist
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Take care ;)

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:56 pm

110%mallardpurist wrote:Hey man last time I checked your stupid ass asked for it. If you didn't wanna get a ear full back you shouldn't have even said anything I was asking for advice not your smart ass opinion!!

I got this Mitch, GTFO!

WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby cpoplayer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:42 pm

cpoplayer
hunter

Postby dogyak » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:14 pm

WOW , talked about making friends . Should have just played it off as a joke dude , could have made some friends and went on some good hunting/fishing trip as an invite . By the way , I'm a member of Delta and Ducks unlimited and have worked on some wetlands with no pay as a vol for Ducks unlimited . Would help with Delta , but not very strong here in Florida as far as vol work that I know of . As far as some of these guys here , they would really help .One of them PM their phone number too help with a boat registered and said if I had any problem call back . So try a reboot and you might be welcome . :thumbsup:
dogyak
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:58 am

I always have to laugh at all the assclowns who think mallards are some super wary mythical ghost duck that you have to be a ninja to have any shot at hunting successfully. They are actually in real life dumb as balls.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:47 pm

This thread made my day.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Coonrod
hunter

Postby troutman561 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm a 110% merganser purist. I wouldn't waste my time on those park ducks when I can have a handsome drake hoodie in hand. By the way, can you guys tell me where to hunt? Once you offer suggestions I'll be a complete **** and tell about how much better I am than you.
troutman561
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:51 pm

troutman561 wrote:I'm a 110% merganser purist. I wouldn't waste my time on those park ducks when I can have a handsome drake hoodie in hand. By the way, can you guys tell me where to hunt? Once you offer suggestions I'll be a complete **** and tell about how much better I am than you.

Hoodies are awesome :banana:

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby jww05001 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 pm

And here I was thinking there would be a discussion on duck hunting on this thread! Haha. I'm new to the Crestview area, originally from Arkansas, and was hoping for some friendly advice on whether to bother with Blackwater WMA/Yellow River/Eglin, or just head to Apalachee WMA/Seminole or somewhere further? I'm not expecting secret spots or anything and I don't mind putting in the time to scout these WMAs, but I'd rather not spend hours and days scouting a place with no ducks. So should I bother with public land in NW FL or spend the gas headed elsewhere? Feel free to PM me if you don't want the mallard purist to know :biggrin: ! Thanks guys, hopefully this can still be a helpful thread!
jww05001
Newb

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:56 am

jww05001 wrote:I'm not expecting secret spots or anything and I don't mind putting in the time to scout these WMAs, but I'd rather not spend hours and days scouting a place with no ducks.

It's something we all have to do. Nobody is going to feed you information on a silver platter. You have to do your own work. Scouting is never cheap, quick, or easy. Get out and do the work necessary. This isn't Arkansas

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby HOPIN4ABOAT » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:04 am

If you hang around and have enough meaningful posts PM me I may help.
Montanafowler wrote:check the jiblets real good, nothing scarier than seeing a bug biting your balls :lol3:
HOPIN4ABOAT
hunter

Postby jww05001 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Haha I wish all I had to do in Arkansas was walk outside and shoot ducks! I've only ever hunted public, and even in AR it can be rough and require a lot of work to get on the ducks. I was just hoping for a point in the right direction, figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks for the tips guys!
jww05001
Newb

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:05 pm

How does going to the banquets just to get drunk and look at the ticket girls (they get me every time) make me a bad hunter. That's the only reason I go. I thought that's the only reason anyone goes. The chapter up here at Ole Miss raises more money selling tickets to the open bar than they do from member "donations." Besides, Delta and DU hardly do anything for our hunting. 90% of their efforts are concentrated on the Mississippi flyway. And I find it hard to believe that you're a green head purist from Georgia.. Arkansas or Mississippi I would believe you, but Georgia? Come on now... Oh, and what RNTs are on your lanyard?
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:07 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:How does going to the banquets just to get drunk and look at the ticket girls (they get me every time) make me a bad hunter. That's the only reason I go. I thought that's the only reason anyone goes. The chapter up here at Ole Miss raises more money selling tickets to the open bar than they do from member "donations." Besides, Delta and DU hardly do anything for our hunting. 90% of their efforts are concentrated on the Mississippi flyway. And I find it hard to believe that you're a green head purist from Georgia.. Arkansas or Mississippi I would believe you, but Georgia? Come on now... Oh, and what RNTs are on your lanyard?

Will be of little use down here.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:08 pm

jww05001 wrote:Haha I wish all I had to do in Arkansas was walk outside and shoot ducks! I've only ever hunted public, and even in AR it can be rough and require a lot of work to get on the ducks. I was just hoping for a point in the right direction, figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks for the tips guys!

If you had a couple old Arkansas truck license plates we could probably work something out.....
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
quackhunter99 wrote:How does going to the banquets just to get drunk and look at the ticket girls (they get me every time) make me a bad hunter. That's the only reason I go. I thought that's the only reason anyone goes. The chapter up here at Ole Miss raises more money selling tickets to the open bar than they do from member "donations." Besides, Delta and DU hardly do anything for our hunting. 90% of their efforts are concentrated on the Mississippi flyway. And I find it hard to believe that you're a green head purist from Georgia.. Arkansas or Mississippi I would believe you, but Georgia? Come on now... Oh, and what RNTs are on your lanyard?

I know they are useless in Florida 90% of the time. But when I went to the worlds in Stuttgart last year an old man was telling me that you can sometimes judge a man by what calls he has on his lanyard
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:17 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

I know they are useless in Florida 90% of the time. But when I went to the worlds in Stuttgart last year an old man was telling me that you can sometimes judge a man by what calls he has on his lanyard

I carry a primos teal call in the field, thats it. Maybe one day if I make a trip back north to hunt Ill break out the rest of the stash. I have a Zinks PH2 that I learned on in PA. My FIL got me a gift last year with two custom calls, one is a single reed made of wood and other is a short reed goose call, also wooden. Then I have a cheap Buck Gardner double reed that Delta sent me one year.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Next

Return to Florida Duck Hunting