Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:23 am

I just got tired of trying to get our boat off the trailer and dealing with the yahoos in Tallahassee. Even with the water levels this year being higher, our boat is so big and our trailer sits to high that I can barely get it off and on the trailer at the 1 lake in town I can hunt because of HP restrictions.
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
User avatar
quackhunter99
hunter
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL/ Oxford, MS


Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby bbbb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Flooded peanut field on opening morning. 24 GWs, 1 ringer, and 1 hen mallard.
Image
bbbb
hunter
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am
Location: bainbridge

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:56 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:I went Monday after opening weekend so all the high schoolers and FSU boys would be in school. The was about 5 other boats there, all guys I knew. Ton of birds. But we were the only ones to limit out because we hunted the wind right. Everyone else set up on the usual good spots but the wind was blowing in their face so the birds wouldn't work and killed 1 or 2 ducks. We picked up and moved halfway through the hunt because the birds weren't doing what I thought they would do. Image the better picture...limit of redheads and one bluebill that decided it wanted to tango. And my English cocker beau


Like the dog. I've got Boykins.
muddy-feet
seminole_sigmanu
hunter
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:28 am
Location: South Georgia....Val-Vegas & Echols County Flyway

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby HookedOnSnook » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Hunted each day over the last two weekends here in South Florida. My brother got his first band 11/24

Image

And a nice pintail for me

Image

Season totals so far (including early teal):

1 Pintail
1 Wigeon
2 Fulvous Whistling
2 Florida Mottled
4 Ring Neck
15 BWT
HookedOnSnook
Newb
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm

A lot of redheads! I'm curious how all y'all boys hunted together? I got to enjoy some awesome hunts this week with Chris K while he was back in town.
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
User avatar
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Sneads,Fl

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:40 pm

SouthernWingsAssaultTeam wrote:A lot of redheads! I'm curious how all y'all boys hunted together? I got to enjoy some awesome hunts this week with Chris K while he was back in town.

Lets just say there was probably a lot of barrel touching in that blind :lol3:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5900
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:04 pm

SouthernWingsAssaultTeam wrote:A lot of redheads! I'm curious how all y'all boys hunted together? I got to enjoy some awesome hunts this week with Chris K while he was back in town.

Took two boats. And the point we hunted was big so we just set up side by side. Really wasn't that bad.
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
User avatar
quackhunter99
hunter
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL/ Oxford, MS

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:04 pm

seminole_sigmanu wrote:
quackhunter99 wrote:I went Monday after opening weekend so all the high schoolers and FSU boys would be in school. The was about 5 other boats there, all guys I knew. Ton of birds. But we were the only ones to limit out because we hunted the wind right. Everyone else set up on the usual good spots but the wind was blowing in their face so the birds wouldn't work and killed 1 or 2 ducks. We picked up and moved halfway through the hunt because the birds weren't doing what I thought they would do. Image the better picture...limit of redheads and one bluebill that decided it wanted to tango. And my English cocker beau


Like the dog. I've got Boykins.

He's actually a field bred English cocker but he looks more like a Boykin
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
User avatar
quackhunter99
hunter
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL/ Oxford, MS

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:51 pm

A friends husband trains cockers at lake seminole.

I knew it was a field spaniel. I'm a sucker for a brown dog.
muddy-feet
seminole_sigmanu
hunter
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:28 am
Location: South Georgia....Val-Vegas & Echols County Flyway

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Hunted last day with newbe he had some misses and lost one in hi brush but in all not bad he shot teal and mottled ducks.I will hunt sat and sun then I will pack up for up north NJ to spend time with family and hunt with grandsons and sons .Back dec27 to hunt in warm sunny FL THANK God.Well be safe good hunting take a kid hunting no matter how old he is 4mottled 14bw teal 2gw teal 1ring good year so far
Attachments
100_1471.JPG
100_1473.JPG
100_1494.JPG
SWAMPMAN2
hunter
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby carlosburitica » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
carlosburitica
hunter
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Them birds look a little raw Carlos :welcome:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5900
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby carlosburitica » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:30 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Them birds look a little raw Carlos :welcome:

they were raw. that was before putting them on the oven
User avatar
carlosburitica
hunter
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:41 pm

carlosburitica wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Them birds look a little raw Carlos :welcome:

they were raw. that was before putting them on the oven

I figured. Just yanking your chain. SHould have taken a pic of them after they were cooked too.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5900
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:01 pm

So who is going out tomorrow? Once again, Ill have to wait until mid week before I can get out. Good luck to everyone out there, be safe, courteous, and safe.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5900
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby whaknstak » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Ill be out there battling the manufactured madness. Motor broke scouting this afternoon leaving my only option being the layout and a lake with a short paddle. We'll give the ole college try regardless
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
User avatar
whaknstak
hunter
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: N Florida

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby jakefromflorida » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:51 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:So who is going out tomorrow? Once again, Ill have to wait until mid week before I can get out. Good luck to everyone out there, be safe, courteous, and safe.



Same Here, won't get to hunt til Monday, then I get all next week to hunt.
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
User avatar
jakefromflorida
hunter
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:25 am

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:11 am

whaknstak wrote:Ill be out there battling the manufactured madness. Motor broke scouting this afternoon leaving my only option being the layout and a lake with a short paddle. We'll give the ole college try regardless

What did you do to the motor?


Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5900
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby whaknstak » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:22 am

tmclaimerFL wrote:
whaknstak wrote:Ill be out there battling the manufactured madness. Motor broke scouting this afternoon leaving my only option being the layout and a lake with a short paddle. We'll give the ole college try regardless

What did you do to the motor?


Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.


Broke it
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
User avatar
whaknstak
hunter
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: N Florida

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:47 am

whaknstak wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
whaknstak wrote:Ill be out there battling the manufactured madness. Motor broke scouting this afternoon leaving my only option being the layout and a lake with a short paddle. We'll give the ole college try regardless

What did you do to the motor?


Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.


Broke it

When you say it like that I predict it was an "operator error."


Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5900
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:57 am

Sat had 2hr to hunt today and only 10min from my house.Another great day in FL I love duck hunting here.I have one day left before I go up north for holydays so I hope Monday is as good.Will be back for all of Jan.GOOD LUCK TO AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT :beer: :lol3: :lol3: GOOD HUNTING BE SAFE TAKE A KID HUNTING
Attachments
100_1495.JPG
100_1496.JPG
SWAMPMAN2
hunter
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby FSUDuck » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:01 pm

SWAMP MAN I love your set up. Way to getem.
User avatar
FSUDuck
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby jakefromflorida » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:08 pm

FSUDuck wrote:SWAMP MAN I love your set up. Way to getem.

Agreed! Reminds me of the wigeon boat
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
User avatar
jakefromflorida
hunter
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:25 am

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:59 am

FSUDUCK AND JAKE if you like my rig you may love this one I built for my wife its a mini flats boat we live on 56 miles of water so she loves this boat I at one time owned A wigeon but it was back then A fowler built in Tampa great boat.My boats are also all glass
Attachments
100_1498.JPG
SWAMPMAN2
hunter
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Official 2013/2014 Pics Thread

Postby FSUDuck » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 am

Very Impressive. Nice Skiff. :clapping:
User avatar
FSUDuck
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Florida Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests