Dear Kids in Tally.....

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, Ichabod97, BigBend

Dear Kids in Tally.....

Postby FlaWoodie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:29 pm

.....blowing duck calls at flying birds from local boat ramp out the windows of your trucks,

NO!!!! BAD KIDS!!! :fingerpt:

Thanks guys,

Flawoodie
You pay for you!

Re: Dear Kids in Tally.....

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:59 pm

FlaWoodie wrote:.....blowing duck calls at flying birds from local boat ramp out the windows of your trucks,

NO!!!! BAD KIDS!!! :fingerpt:

Thanks guys,

Flawoodie

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Better yet...blow away clowns. Just be careful not to gum up your DC calls with Skoal Mint.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 pm

You'd be suprised how dad gum good these kids are at blowing these things, despite the fact they might see one mallard all season...youd think they were headed off to some world championship calling contest in Stuttgart or something...if only they spent as much time learning basic rules and common courtesy.... :no:
You pay for you!

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Being good at calling implies knowing when to use one properly. Last Friday a group of kids that were set up a few hundred yards from me hail called all morning long. I was in a layout boat and at one point had to sit up because I wasn't seeing anything flying and wanted to see where all these birds were coming from that these guys were calling at...there wasn't a bird in the sky. I'm not saying calling never works...even on ringnecks...but give me a break.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 pm

I agree with Duck Dawg , knowing how to call can give you an advantage but it can also hurt you as well. It's more about knowing when to call. Ima competition caller and been to worlds a few times and did well but what a lot of people dont realize ecspecially around here is you don't have to call much at all... We will call if we hunt gadwall or mallards and if we hunt divers I have a diver call I use a little. All in all its a good thing to know how to call even here and it helps our sport... But on a side note I much rather have somebody calling all day way to much around me than have somebody sky lasting 600yards in the air.
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:34 pm

There's a huge difference between knowing how to blow a duck call and knowing how to call ducks. I forget where I read it, but there's a quite that goes "an inexperienced duck caller is one of conservations greatest assets" or something like that. I was at the worlds last year, and I swear if I closed my eyes opening morning this year, I would have thought I was listening to the junior division. My little cousins (oldest is almost 10) blow competitively and went to the worlds this year. Yes they can work the calls pretty damn good. But when I'm in a pit with them I have to keep myself from stealing their reeds when they aren't looking because they don't know how and when to use them in a blind
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Before it's all said and done..........I will own a huge obnoxious airboat and run it in circles around their decoys.
muddy-feet
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Proper prior preparation prevents poor performance!

Hahaha
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting