Duck Hunting around Kissimmee

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Duck Hunting around Kissimmee

Postby berudd » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Greetings, I am curious to hear if there is any public duck hunting in the Kissimmee area. Not looking for someone to do any scouting for me just wondering if it is even a viable possibility. I'll be spending a lot of winter vacation time in the area. Also, I'd assume that Lab would need to stay at home or sit on the sidelines.
berudd
hunter

Re: Duck Hunting around Kissimmee

Postby whaknstak » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Any body of water with public access is open to hunt. While I'm not from there I know the area is full of lakes and ponds.Get out and explore, find the birds, and have a good time.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:24 pm

berudd wrote:Greetings, I am curious to hear if there is any public duck hunting in the Kissimmee area. Not looking for someone to do any scouting for me just wondering if it is even a viable possibility. I'll be spending a lot of winter vacation time in the area. Also, I'd assume that Lab would need to stay at home or sit on the sidelines.

Plenty of opportunity in the area. As stated, put in the time on the water. You will find them. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Worlando » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Lake Toho, huge lake, can be rough at times. Haven't hunted it in years. But on my scouting list before the season is over. There are others too.
Worlando
hunter

Postby berudd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Toho is just a few minutes from where we will be. Forgive my FL ignorance but is letting your dog retrieve a no go due to gators? And for the same reason, I guess all hunting would be from a boat and not wading the bank? Thanks for the help.
berudd
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:28 pm

berudd wrote:Toho is just a few minutes from where we will be. Forgive my FL ignorance but is letting your dog retrieve a no go due to gators? And for the same reason, I guess all hunting would be from a boat and not wading the bank? Thanks for the help.

You have too watch the weather when using your dog . If the place your hunting has gators , as long as the water temp is 60 degrees and below it will be fine . Gators won't feed with those conditions from what the wildlife biologist . Some lakes could be really mucky , Use your boat to get to your hunting hole and bring a kayak with you . Hide your boat and cut some palms , put them on your yak , use it like a layout blind . We do this over at lake George with good success , don't get wet with our decoys around us .
dogyak
hunter

Postby Sidbog85 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 am

berudd wrote:Toho is just a few minutes from where we will be. Forgive my FL ignorance but is letting your dog retrieve a no go due to gators? And for the same reason, I guess all hunting would be from a boat and not wading the bank? Thanks for the help.

with the water temp the way it's been i'd keep the lab at home, i love hunting with my lab too but he is my best buddy and i could not even hunt and have a good time thinking of what could happen to him....good luck
Sidbog85
hunter

Postby berudd » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks guys. I may just stick to bass fishing. :biggrin:
berudd
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting