ok....

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

ok....

Postby caleb » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am

decided not to buy a blind frame. I re-built the one on the boat and started to zip tie all the mats down. I have been going at it for 4 hours and im half way done. I have used 500 zip ties, I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! Every minute that goes by I tell myself that i am doing this to save money. Not worth it! zipties are killing my will to live!

But it does look good :thumbsup:

caleb
State Moderator

Postby snipeshooter » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:37 pm

Well it does look pretty good. Are those the palm mats that gander sells? Been thinking about a pop up blind this year but I can't make my self get out there and build one.
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:28 pm

Looking good, now spray some green on those mats so they blend in with the natural surroundings.Image

Youll still have to assemble any other blind you b uy, some are just easier than others. Hell you got the satisfaction of knowing you made it yourself. Not too many people can say that.

I love the Bass Pro/Cabelas/Macks/Gander guys who bought everything in the catolog and have no clue how to use it.
Mossy Oak-Waterfowl Prostaff
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
Vice Chair- CFL Delta Waterfowl
Regional Director United Waterfowlers
FFWCC Hunter Safety Area Coordinator
kg4yus
hunter

Postby BigBend » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:10 pm

wow..... i didnt use that many zip ties. did you trim the mats any? i cut mine to 2.5 by 4 to make it a little lower. that boat looks good, paul dixons shop is like 20 minutes from my house i get to see all those seminole bateaus leave the yard.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby caleb » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:22 pm

DONE!!

I will feel more satisfied knowing I built it myself. Just like last year. With a liitle help I finished the back side quicker and cut all the tags on the ties. I think it covers well. As the grass on top is starting to lay over it covers the inside of the boat very well. I am very pleased with it. I cant wait to shoot at some ducks!

caleb
State Moderator

Postby caleb » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:26 pm

Snipeshooter,
yes there from GM. If you want to build one bring the GT over one day. I have now built two different kinds and have some left over emt.

BigBend,
didnt trim the mats, I wanted them to hang over the side as much as they could.

kg4yus,
I allready have the green paint out. I did the same thing last year and it worked out pretty good.

Thanks for the comments now its time to sit and wait....
caleb
State Moderator

Postby woodie77 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:39 am

nice...that is how i built my blind the past 2 years, except i did it with the hunter's spec blind material in advantage max-4...this year i am using the grass mats...hopefully they will work as good as the other...i had woodducks swimming about 3 feet from my other blind one evening, so it has some pretty high standards to live up to...i will try to post some pics when i get mine finished...

for those of you that know him as suthernduckhunter on florida waterfowler, jim is helping me so ya'll might need to do some praying for me... :lol:
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
woodie77
hunter

Postby cary00silve » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:31 am

If ya'll need grass mats, www.rogerssportinggoods.com has sets of four for $32.99. I have yet to find a better deal!
cary00silve
hunter

Postby snipeshooter » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:56 am

I might just take you up on that if I can get myself motivated. You want to try another run on puzzle this weekend?
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby BigBend » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:04 pm

ive never seen a bateau with a pro drive or a short tail alone? how do those boats do with shor tails, any speed?
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby caleb » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:34 am

I average 23MPH with just me WAO. But im still messing with the trim to find the sweet spot. I have had it over 26MPH a few times. It performs really well.

Snipe,
I might be out of town this weekend but if I dont go ill call you.
caleb
State Moderator

Return to Florida Duck Hunting