Introduce yourself!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Postby snipeshooter » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:40 am

Welcome to the forum :welcome:
snipeshooter
hunter

Re: Newbie Here

Postby FastDuck » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:12 am

Welcome aboard!!! We are glad to have you!

quackbob wrote:Hello all,
I joined the forum a couple months back and I'm just getting around to introducing myself, it never seems like there's enough time in the day. Names Bob Poutree, some of you probably know me from other forums. I live west of Orlando and I've been in Central Florida for about 20 years now. I grew up hunting tidal marshes and rivers in Maine and still get back there to do some shooting from time to time, but home is definitely here now! Flats fishing and duck hunting are what I love to do. I've got a 4 year old son that wrangled with his first mangrove snapper recently and is already itching to go out duck hunting. That'll probably be a couple years away though. Anyway, I just wanted to say howdy.
Bob
Sid Thyhsen

"Going Places Others Can't"
FastDuck
hunter

Re: Newbie Here

Postby huntmstr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:38 am

quackbob wrote:Hello all,
I joined the forum a couple months back and I'm just getting around to introducing myself, it never seems like there's enough time in the day. Names Bob Poutree, some of you probably know me from other forums. I live west of Orlando and I've been in Central Florida for about 20 years now. I grew up hunting tidal marshes and rivers in Maine and still get back there to do some shooting from time to time, but home is definitely here now! Flats fishing and duck hunting are what I love to do. I've got a 4 year old son that wrangled with his first mangrove snapper recently and is already itching to go out duck hunting. That'll probably be a couple years away though. Anyway, I just wanted to say howdy.
Bob

About time ya goofey bass-terd. Good seeing you over the weekend. I shout at ya later.
Final Approach,Bushnell, Primos & Duck Junkies Pro Staffs
Proud Member of the Fab Five
Owner Rebel Yelp Calls & Outfitters

I had you pissed off at hello.
huntmstr
hunter

Postby g8rnek » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi my name is Darren.
I'm new to the forum.I've been hunting just about anything for about 10yrs. But I really love duck hunting. I Work as a machine tech. .I've been married for 18yrs to hunting fanatic and I have 2 girls one 18 and one 21, So come hunting season The house stays pretty empty except for the dogs.
g8rnek
Newb

Postby snipeshooter » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:54 pm

:welcome:
DU/UW/Delta Waterfowl Central FL Chairman
Certified Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Hog Trapper
Mossy Oak/SDO/Bullseye Adventures Pro Staff
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:17 pm

Glad to have ya G8rneck :welcome:
Mossy Oak-Waterfowl Prostaff
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
Vice Chair- CFL Delta Waterfowl
Regional Director United Waterfowlers
FFWCC Hunter Safety Area Coordinator
kg4yus
hunter

Hunter and Shooter

Postby ghettosamson » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 pm

My name is Alessandro and I am new to hunting. I am a 26 year old Floridian here in Tallahassee, grew up in Miramar, Broward County. I am a grad student at FSU. Me and my wife have been skeet shooting, trap shooting, and shooting in general for a year now. Damn I love shooting and I love my Super X2. We really want to duck hunt this season but no one we know is an avid duck hunter. We only know deer and turkey hunters, which we will be enjoying also this season. We have never hunted but we took our Hunter Safety Course and we are getting our hunter license and our appropriate stamps. I would like to say howdy to everyone.
Alessandro
FSU Computer Science
Tallahassee, FL
ghettosamson
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Nuisance Hog Trapper
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby caleb » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:35 pm

welcome :yes:
caleb
State Moderator

Postby snipeshooter » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:09 pm

snipeshooter
hunter

Postby patrick.carrington » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Hey,Hey, Hey :skeet: :welcome:
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Hey Ya'll
Well I'm not actually a florida member..... I have plenty of family and friends there and i hunt in florida about once a year or so and i post in this forum from time to time..... My name is Jeremy. I'm a deployment friend of Pat and John (patrick.carrington and fl.redneck.duckhunter).... 10 year US Navy Man.... I've been all over the place and had the pleasure of hunting many places with lots of great people (Washington State, Maine, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee). I'm currently in SC but about to move to Memphis TN!!!!! :biggrin: Hello ducks here i come!!! I'm an avid Chessie lover, die hard duck hunter, and devoted family man!!! I've also recently disovered Mud motors are secret little gifts from the duck gods!!!! I'm always happy to share what i know, spin a tale, and talk about ducks!!! talk to ya all later!!!
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby mgoldschmidt » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:58 pm

Nuisance Hog Trapper
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby allnighter » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 pm

hey im brett i live in tallahasse and love duck hunting found this site the other day and it seems to be a cool site that has some pretty good people on it
allnighter
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Nuisance Hog Trapper
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:37 pm

:welcome: ghettosamson and allnighter
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
kg4yus
hunter

Postby SSPhone » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Many of you may know the screen name but not know my given name, it's Stephen Simpson. I know many of the screen names on here from the UWF site, American Waterfowler and MMT. Funny I never found this forum until tonight when I went looking for a Hunt in Maine this Oct.
Stephen Simpson
Membership Director United Waterfowlers FL
3man Gator Hide with a Hot Rodded Gecker Motorsports 36 Pro Drive FPR
2009 50x50 tour. Adding 5 states this year. Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky.
SSPhone
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:59 am

:welcome: Stephen
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
kg4yus
hunter

Postby snipeshooter » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:26 am

snipeshooter
hunter

Postby allnighter » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:49 pm

allnighter
hunter

Postby patrick.carrington » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:47 pm

What-up jeremy.... you ready for early season teal :drool:
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby mako » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:45 pm

New to the forum and always glad to see others out there who love getting up early and spending their day on the water or in the woods.

Shawn from Central Florida .........I am a college rowing coach and am lucky to have the flexibility to get out on the water quite a bit during the season.

I grew up deer hunting in the woods of PA and when I came to Florida did not know where to hunt. A few years went by and I was introduced to duck hunting. I have been so much happier having hunting back in my life.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or replies to questions I may have.
mako
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:27 pm

good to have you....
Im in your neck of the woods

Nuisance Hog Trapper
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby Wuandbeag » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Howdy. My name is John. Call sign is honor of my GSD and beaglehound. Found this site tonight while looking for the season dates. Was psyched to find it ... used to be on some other sites, but not so active for the panhandler types, so I was looking for greener pastures.

I'm a transplanted Colorado type (in the USAF stationed at Hurlburt Field) ... been in FL since 2006 and haven't been able to hunt because work kept taking me away, but that is going to end; I'm retiring after 20 years and in Feb I'm moving back to Colo. All the constant trips that have been getting in the way of my hunting are now off the table, except for one to Colo for antelope hunting. I'm pretty much dead wood around the office. I don't know if they'd miss me if I needed to hunt an AM or 2.

I've been lucky and have got to hunt a both big game and H2Ofowl in lot of places (TX, CO, WY, VA, NY). I love duck hunting; my favorite is Canada Geese in a cut corn field on a nasty and brutally cold day in upstate NY, but that's not an option here. Still, "love the one your with" as the song says ...

From what I can tell, it's hard going in the Panhandle for duck hunting, but I'm willing to give it a try. I try to avoid divers and big water, and prefer the puddlers (just like the way they taste better than the divers; I don't shoot gansers because I don't eat them).

Any of you panhndle types want to give it a wing and are close to Fort Walton Beach, ring me up. I'm dang near at a loss on what to do down here, so I really can't offer much on the expertise part. Got a small hunting rig (square stern hunting 15' "hunting canoe" we chase them with in NY state -- push it around with an electric motor and can row it around and cammo it real easy -- good for getting back in nasty places) and a few dekes, but most my gear is in Colo and at my brother's place in NY state. BTW, I can't call for sh!t -- I just scare the birds away. :help:
Wuandbeag
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Florida Duck Hunting