Introduce yourself!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby HOPIN4ABOAT » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:41 pm

jerodN wrote:funny thing is the dog knows more about whats going on than I do. He even has ribbons to prove it Image

Nice lookin dog for sure
Montanafowler wrote:check the jiblets real good, nothing scarier than seeing a bug biting your balls :lol3:
HOPIN4ABOAT
hunter

Postby Catfish_Hunter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

10-4 on that great looking dog for sure.
Catfish_Hunter
hunter

Postby jknope » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Hey Folks! Im not new to the forums but I am to South Fla.
I have been a avid waterfowler all my life in southern Illinois. Moved down here last Dec. due to my wife's work. Looking to make contacts and maybe a few friends that are also avid, blood in the eye duck hunter like me. So a big Howdy to everyone !!!
:hi:
jknope
hunter

Postby martylee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Hey Guys! New comer to this forum. Have 2 black labs,boat,decoys and want to meet up with some new friends. Hope to see some of yall at the Escarosa DU meeting. any one here going?????
martylee
hunter

Postby Fla.mallard » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

New here. I'm 68 and been duck hunting since the 60's (1960's not 1860's). I also deer hunt and take my Boykin Spaniel hunting everywhere I can. She's a better hunter than me and has competed at the Boykin Spaniel National Field Trial.
We usually hunt out of a homemade Broadbill on public lakes and rivers. We do OK.

Nice to be here.
Bob

Life's short, have some fun.
Fla.mallard
hunter

Postby FlatLiner13 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Hey Everyone,
Names Brian, I'm just a young lad at 21 and I live on the NS of Jacksonville. Thought I'd introduce my self. Hunt the local waterways and also the ZOO at Guana on occasion. Hope everyone ready for this Saturday morning!
FlatLiner13
hunter

Postby FNBBear » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:15 am

Hey fellas. Wanted to introduce myself. I live in Plant City and hunt mostly Central Florida from the west coast to the east coast. Have a buddy who hunts the MS Delta quite a bit so I try to get out there at least once a year. Looking forward to the record numbers of ducks that will be arriving in January!!
FNBBear
hunter

Postby Catfish_Hunter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:31 am

FNBBear wrote: Looking forward to the record numbers of ducks that will be arriving in January!!

Aren't we all lol... Welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Catfish_Hunter
hunter

Postby kdavis31 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Hey everyone, I'm a native Floridian, been hunting all over this state and Georgia my whole life. Mainly deer, hogs, and turkey but this season caught the duck bug. Thank you Lord for an understanding wife! Hoping to see the big push these last 2 weeks!
kdavis31
Newb

Postby pmarley1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Names Philip and Ive been living in Florida for less than a year ( moved from missouri). I love duck hunting all most more than anything. Don't know / meet any "true" duck hunters since Ive been here. Everybody thinks duck hunting is shooting woodies on roost with lead shot. Started my duck hunting in southwest Georgia and the moved it to coastal Georgia and then Missouri. Now I'm back on this side of the county.

:hi: :hi:
pmarley1
hunter

Postby gs hunt » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:40 am

hello everyone, my name is Glen. I am 18 years old and live in west palm beach. I hunt in lake okeechobee, Lake Josephine( in highlands county), and rarely i attend the STA's. this was my first full season of duck hunting and i caught the bug. in the off season i bass fish, snook fish, hog hunt, and this year attempting to turkey hunt.
thanks for eveyones help and advice.
gs hunt
hunter

Postby RalphWEmersonII » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:18 pm

I will soon be moving to Wellington Florida. I am buying a Grator Trax with a 35HP Mud Buddy Hyper drive. I am retired and looking for hunting partners that have the time to hunt during the week. I am new to hunting in the Wellington area, but have hunted the Everglades and the STAs for several years. I also Hog hunt, Deer hunt, Dove hunt and fish for anything that swims. If you are in the same boat as me, emil me at ralphemerson2@yahoo.com. I have places to hunt in Arkansas and Indiana. Ralph :beer: Enough Said!!!!
RalphWEmersonII
hunter

Postby rblcori7 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:20 am

Hi guys. My name is Cori and i am 24. I Just recently got stationed down here. I am at tyndall AFB (panama city). I love to go hunting but have no clue were anything or anywhere to go. Any and all help or info would be awesome. I enjoy hunting, working on my truck, and just hanging out. :beer:
rblcori7
Newb

Postby Belly up dux » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 am

Welcome to all the new faces. There is good hunting all around the state if you search it out. As a mod i need to remind everyone that they need to follow the posting rules, please read them as they are a sticky at the top. I also want to put out that cyber-scouters are on here. If you want to keep your secret spot, don't post pics of boat ramps, spots, or give exact locations. If you have to ask about birds please do it in a PM, and if they don't reply don't be offended. We all work hard to scout and find birds, respect our work. Thank you.
Belly up dux
State Moderator

Postby widgeon drake » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi hunters:
My name is Orlando and i have 31 years old. Waterfowl hunting is my live, i know everything about this hunt.I start hunting since 4 years old in Puerto Rico with my grandfather and my dad. Im move month ago from Orlando,FL to orange park,fl. I went three weeks ago to fish in the marshes close to mayport,fl if somebody can tellme if is legal hunt there in that marshes,brown marsh,sister creek and marshes near.If someone can send me this information.
Appreciate, Thanks
widgeon drake
hunter

Postby rblcori7 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 pm

So i dont want anyone to think im trying to "cyber scout" anyones hunting spots but I am new in town and would love it if some one could take me out and show me around the area or once season rolls around if anyone needs or wants a hunting buddy i would love to go with. I guess i should add im up at Tyndall AFB "Panama City" area
rblcori7
Newb

Postby GatorShawn » Tue May 08, 2012 6:06 am

Hey I'm Shawn from alachua,fl... Born and raised in g'ville area. I've been an avid deer and dove hunter for about 25 yrs, with minimal duck hunting experience before last season. Hunting out of the boat was a lot more fun than jump or flyway shooting, I'm hooked! Bow huntings my passion, but my time will be split come duck season. I have a 5 yr old choc lab that's good in the field and trained in the water, but I'm scared of losing him to a gator. I've got a 13 ft gheenoe and a 1756 express that have put me on a lot of fish and hopefully a lot of ducks next season. I found this forum last season and figured it was time to join and keep learning. It's been great, thanks guys.
GatorShawn
hunter

Postby EZ66 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:44 am

Greetings and salutations from Miami.
I’m EZ. I’ve been wanting to go duck hunting for the last 4 or 5 years. This year I finally got all the gear sorted out, and I’m looking forward to my first duck hunt. My wife is thrilled as well. Every time I mention it, her eyes roll with excitement…. I’ve been blessed with a wonderful wife that understands I NEED to be outdoors, and three daughters to keep her company in my absence.
I’ve hunted quail, and dove many years ago. But to be honest, I haven’t fired a shotgun in over 20 years. I traded that for a flyrod and started chasing Bonefish and Permit in the bay out of a canoe help keep me sane.
One of the things that kept me off was I don’t know any hunters, and got lost every time I started looking for information to get started. Finding this site was very helpful. Found answers to a lot of questions I had in yours posts, and enjoyed the pictures, and stories.
Hope you guys don’t mind a question or two every now and then from a newb.
Regards,
EZ
EZ66
hunter

Postby peejay1023 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 am

Hey guys!

My name is PJ. I live in Tallahassee right now for school but I'm from Miami. I am new to hunting and looking for some guidance. I have lived all over the state and spent some time in the woods/swamps fishing and hiking and what not. So far everyone has been very helpful! Thanks in advanced for any knowledge you guys share!
-pj
peejay1023
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 am

peejay1023 wrote:Hey guys!

My name is PJ. I live in Tallahassee right now for school but I'm from Miami. I am new to hunting and looking for some guidance. I have lived all over the state and spent some time in the woods/swamps fishing and hiking and what not. So far everyone has been very helpful! Thanks in advanced for any knowledge you guys share!
-pj

:welcome:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby oldtownducks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 pm

hi I am a retired correction officer and Us Army . i enjoy shooting am a certified pistol smith I am handy to have around when a shotgun malfunctions working on the certification for shotguns and rifles through AGI. i duck hunted when i was younger living in Alabama i hunt mostly on my little piece of property or management areas .I fish the suwannee river often hope to hunt some ducks in the lower suwannee refuge or Hickory Mound unit. Would enjoy chatting or meeting others who enjoy duck hunting No matter how old you are you can always learn from others I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thank You
Oldtownducks :hi:
oldtownducks
Newb

Postby TooheyBirdie14 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Hey Guys,

Name's Cory. 28 yr. old structural engineer. Originally from Williston, North Dakota grew up in LaBelle, FL and live in Boca Raton, FL. I have to be outside during my freetime or I'll go insane. I'm really big into spearfishing (typically in the water 2-4 times a week) but I'm new to duck hunting so I'm really excited to get out there and learn this sport. I'm sure a few rookie mistakes are going to help with that... I would like to pre-appologize if these mistakes inconvenience of you guys, but it just part of the fun.

I have a 1.5 yr old yellow lab named Toohey that I've been training to retrieve and I'm hoping to get him out there quite a bit this year to see how I've done so far.

I actually have my first hunt at STA 1W on Saturday. Don't have a boat, so I'm going to wade in along the grasslines and see how I do. Wish me luck!!
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff....
TooheyBirdie14
hunter

Postby WK4WK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi, I'm a 46 work for the city and live in north Leon county. Grew up in south Georgia. Fish a lot on the flats and inshore but the hunting has taken a back seat to everything else these last ten or so years. Been planning on duck hunting for a long time just never got to it. Three kids two grown one almost keeps you busy. Lot a good reading on here. Hope to spend the upcoming season with the boy watching listening and learning burning gas and scouting. Son has had the fever for a while and Mama says it's time to go. So if you see two guys in a newly painted boat that look out of place feel free to laugh it's probably us.
WK4WK
Newb

Postby MistyDawn » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:10 am

Hi guys! :) Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.. I think I am the only girl on here (that I've seen thus far, anyway) so hopefully y'all won't kick me out of the clubhouse.. :) My name is MistyDawn (no, it's not my stage name..it's my birth name..lol..one of my favorite things that my Daddy ever gave me.. :) ) I am a Southern girl...yes, I still consider Florida part of the South. :) I am not a redneck..just wanna throw that out there... :) lol.. no offense.. I grew up in South Florida, born and raised; lived here my whole life, except for when I moved to north Florida to attend UF (Go Gators :) )..but I came home once I finished up there.. I love duck hunting, dove hunting, deer hunting, and gator hunting..also love shooting sporting clays during the off-season..it's one of my favorite things to do aside being in the woods, being on the water- (salt or fresh- guppy or slab- fishing or joy riding- gigging or sticking- airboat, kicker boat, yacht, or kayak- I'm not picky and always up for an adventure. :), watching a worthy football game, listening to a good ole Florida thunderstorm, antiquing, or going to the spa. :) lol.. heck of a combination, huh? I love all things Southern and I love to travel, especially if its for a hunting and/or a camping trip and I love seeing new places and trying new things. :) I do not know how to fly fish..yet, but I am itching to learn! I don't know how to bow hunt, either..yet. :) lol.. but I was recently fitted for a bow.. I want a Mathews Hyperlite and see if I can fling some arrows at something. :) I just bought a new shotty, her name is Semi-Remi, but I call her Remi for short and she is...L-O-V-E. I am super excited for next weekend when the duck hunt opens back up, gonna try out a few new spots that I've been scouting.. Hope everybody had an awesome Thanksgiving (it was the first Thanksgiving I added duck to the menu, in addition to the turk, of course.. :) ) I wish y'all a plentiful harvest and safe hunts this season; I anticipate feeding a few non-hunting families during the remainder of the season...Good Lord willin' & the creek don't rise... :) Happy Hunting! Let Freedom Ring & Let Those Shotguns Sing. :) Ps...please take & teach a kid hunting (and proper firearm and gun safety ),fishing, and or camping..invest in their lives and save their future!! :) God Bless, MistyDawn. :)
Attachments
ducks2.jpg
Percy & I. :)
MistyDawn
Newb

Postby birdyhunter » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi guys I'm Tim. 25 years old and this is my 1st duck season. I moved from NC to fl almost 2 years ago and have quickly learned how terrible the deer hunting is here. I decided to give bird hunting a shot and my first purchase was a beautiful gsp pup who has grown into a fine retriever. It was actually for his sake that I started duck hunting and it has been awesome. Looking forward to learning from you all and sharing photos from my hunts. Here are a couple from thanksgiving weekend.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1354850528093.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1354850512038.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1354850495762.jpg
birdyhunter
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Florida Duck Hunting