Introduce yourself!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby CaptainAhab » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Just moved back to the state after being gone for 3 years, Haven't been doing much duck hunting since moving but i'll be hitting it full force this season. I've been hunting waterfowl for about 10 years and have a 1448 mod v double wide boat plus all the gear i need. I'm Located in the Big Bend(citrus county)...

None of my buddies are hardcore hunters and it's like pulling teeth to get them up at 4am more then a few times during the season. so if anyone wants to tag along this year let me know. I have a few lakes that i hunt in the area plus i hit the gulf marsh's, so i don't need anyone's help finding ducks.

:beer:
CaptainAhab
Newb

Postby rchan6950 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:30 am

Finishing up my last year at UF (Go Gators!). I recently got into duck hunting last season with a friend who taught me the basics about the sport as well as the do's and don'ts of public land hunting. Since then I have been obsessed with waterfowling, looking through this forum and others. I am excited for the upcoming season, however, I will be without a boat and decoys this time. My friend provided all of that and is now living in Jacksonville. I am willing to help pitch in for gas, help clean the boat, rig decoys, etc. for someone to take me under their wing this season that is hunting in the Gainesville or Lake City area. I go to school in Gainesville, but I live in Boynton Beach about 20 minutes away from STA-1 so I am hoping to go out there as well.

God bless,
Ryan
Last edited by rchan6950 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rchan6950
Newb

Postby ScottH72 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:28 pm

42 y/o and have lived in Fla most of y life. I have been hunting deer and hogs for many years but just discovered duck hunting last season. My buddy has been at it a couple years. he took me a couple times and now Im hooked. The little I have done is out on Lake O or in the STA's. Looking forward to another fun season.
ScottH72
Newb

Postby baandersen88 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 am

Hello, I moved to Jacksonville a couple of years ago and have been trying to locate places to hunt ducks but am having a hard time. I moved from South Dakota and hunted ducks for almost 20 years since I was 12. Would appreciate any information!

Thanks!
baandersen88
hunter

Postby Run'n'gun » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm Daniel 33, and I'm in school in Jacksonville. I've grown up here and have hunted deer, hogs, and turkey as well as fished for most of my life except while I was in the Army and deployed. Continued hunting and fishing but sort of lost track of Florida until I moved home.

I'm new to waterfowling for the most part as I've only hunted in flooded timber a few times in the past. I'm looking to increase my knowledge from the guidance of the more experienced members in the forum and learn how to appropriately apply that knowledge.
Run'n'gun
hunter

Postby jlo0077 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 am

Hey guys im justen been lurking since probably around 2008 decided to join im from east orlando area
jlo0077
Newb

Postby DuckWolf7 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm Caleb. Been reading some great posts on this forum for the last couple of months and finally remembered my login name so sign in haha but wanted to say thanks to the regulars who have been posting.

I live on the east coast of central Florida and mainly hunt at MINWR. I have been duck hunting since my dad took me as a kid and love it. Always look forward to it every year.

My setup is simple but seems to work. Just a canoe, portable blind, and decoys and a bucket. Works great for most areas I hunt. Wish everyone the best this season.

Caleb
DuckWolf7
Newb

Postby Citadelman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey guys, my name is Greg. I'm a civil engineer in the Navy and live in Jacksonville. I'm getting into duck hunting but got a late start because I've been out of the country since July for work. I'm an avid fisherman also. If anyone's lookin for a hunting partner, I'll throw in some rounds of beer or whatever else you're lookin for. I've been reading up here and it's all great info. I look forward to meeting some of y'all. Thanks
Citadelman
Newb

Postby bmx087 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:41 am

Hello all,

My name is Richie, 26. I have been duck hunting in central florida for 3 years now along the St. Johns. Got a few more toys this year and looking forward to shooting some birds. Got a new shotgun (remington versa max) and mojo baby mallard to try out this year as well as another dozen decoys (teal and mallards). Good luck to all! Ready to get out there. Gonna scout Friday to see what the water level looks like as well as if i can stumble across the motherload.

-Richie
bmx087
Newb

Postby Karlee » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi everyone, my names Karlee. I lurk this board on a daily basis, so I figure it's time to contribute. Im 27 years old anf have lived in Brevard county most ov my life. You can use your imagination as to the places I frequently hunt.
Karlee
Newb

Postby EARDLEYBIRD » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi. New here. Dwight Eardley. Aka Dewey / Red / EARDLEYBIRD. born an raised 36 yrs FL. CRACKER. hunted ducks since 3yrs old. have a yellow lab 8 yrs old. Hunt mostly SW fl. To South Carolina. Hunt from airboat , kayak, an duckboat. Mostly weekend warrior cuz I work full- time plumbing/ AC. I occasionally sneak a hunt in before work if schedule permits. Yes I'm addicted an probably need HELP. :)
EARDLEYBIRD
hunter

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting