long tail sps qusation

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Re: long tail sps qusation

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:42 pm

SWAMPMAN2 wrote:We all have A different price on what we will spend on our sport.Like A shot gun they all can shoot ducks but still some hunters have to have the latest and greatest .

This is true.

Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:58 pm

SWAMPMAN2 wrote:The Mangrove has bearings not bushings and I remember when copper head was in Lakeland FL and was the new boy in town so I just wont to give this new boy on the block the same chance. No one will know for some time how good or bad the are.I hear lots of stories about Dixie motors but I have never tried one so NO opinion from me.This site can be good or the death of some things.And cost is in the eye of the beholder.We are have A different price on what we will spend on our sport.Like A shot gun they all can shoot ducks but still some hunters have to have the latest and greatest .

I completely agree on value being in the eye of the beholder, and I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I stand by my earlier post...I think the design of the mangrove motor has weaknesses as far as strength and durability are concerned, and I think the hydraulic trim while a potentially nice feature is unnecessary. That being said, I don't think it's a crappy product, I just don't think it's worth the money he's asking. I wasn't going to mention another mfg specifically, but since they've already been mentioned, copperhead didn't start out at the prices they're at now...they've gone up as demand for their product has increased and they've tweaked some of the bugs. The same can be said for Dixie. Copperhead also offers a 2 year warranty on their frame whereas Dixie and Mangrove both only offer a 1.

I am glad there is someone in FL attempting to break into the small hp surface drive market, and I hope it works out for him.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:27 pm

DUCK-DAWG wrote:
SWAMPMAN2 wrote:The Mangrove has bearings not bushings and I remember when copper head was in Lakeland FL and was the new boy in town so I just wont to give this new boy on the block the same chance. No one will know for some time how good or bad the are.I hear lots of stories about Dixie motors but I have never tried one so NO opinion from me.This site can be good or the death of some things.And cost is in the eye of the beholder.We are have A different price on what we will spend on our sport.Like A shot gun they all can shoot ducks but still some hunters have to have the latest and greatest .

I completely agree on value being in the eye of the beholder, and I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I stand by my earlier post...I think the design of the mangrove motor has weaknesses as far as strength and durability are concerned, and I think the hydraulic trim while a potentially nice feature is unnecessary. That being said, I don't think it's a crappy product, I just don't think it's worth the money he's asking. I wasn't going to mention another mfg specifically, but since they've already been mentioned, copperhead didn't start out at the prices they're at now...they've gone up as demand for their product has increased and they've tweaked some of the bugs. The same can be said for Dixie. Copperhead also offers a 2 year warranty on their frame whereas Dixie and Mangrove both only offer a 1.

I am glad there is someone in FL attempting to break into the small hp surface drive market, and I hope it works out for him.

Yup. My money is too precious to gamble on a product without a track record. When I bought my ch, I researched for months. Almost unanimous praise. Found two cases where there were problems, both were resolved quickly.

As for another manufacturer, not named, I couldn't hardly find a good review. They have since changed ownership and I am reading some better things about their product and customer service.

If and when mangrove has a market share, and reviews become more readily available, my opinion may change. The builder can say anything on a website, but the end user usually doesn't lie or embellish.

Time will tell and the market will decide the fate of mangrove. Like Robby, I wish them the best in their new endeavors.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting