Considering a move...

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Considering a move...

Postby pweisbrod » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Wife and I are considering moving down to florida, I am a diver hunter from Minnesota. Are there any good areas we should be looking at? She is a med lab tech and I do durable medical equipment and oxygen delivery. Close to good duck hunting is a big plus, I like big water. We have some snowbird family members that live in davenport.
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Re: Considering a move...

Postby waterdogds » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:15 am

pweisbrod wrote:Wife and I are considering moving down to florida, I am a diver hunter from Minnesota. Are there any good areas we should be looking at? She is a med lab tech and I do durable medical equipment and oxygen delivery. Close to good duck hunting is a big plus, I like big water. We have some snowbird family members that live in davenport.

What part of the state are you considering?
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:30 am

O2 delivery and tech jobs range all over the state, so you shouldn't have a problem getting one unless you're in the boonies. As for divers , lake O or the coast. Fl has opportunitys just about everywhere.
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby Fowlweather_13 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:20 pm

Pensacola, to Panama City has good Diver Hunting in the bays, along with great wood duck and Ring neck shooting in the beaver ponds and Rivers and Creeks.
Fowlweather_13
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Stay clear of Tallahassee!
You pay for you!

Postby waterdogds » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:44 pm

FlaWoodie wrote:Stay clear of Tallahassee!

X2 :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 pm

FlaWoodie wrote:Stay clear of Tallahassee!

No, no, no... Really Tallahassee has amazing potential..

You should give it a go. I hear there's some amazing hunting grounds. :wink: :thumbsup: :grooving:
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Tallhassee is a great place to live, and a crappy place to hunt. If I could practically and economically live here and hunt elsewhere, I would.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby pweisbrod » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks for all the replies! We have one 2yo daughter and would like to spend 150k or less on a house, preferably around 100k. We have no preference really on where in the state, probably somewhere within an hour or two of davenport, so pretty much anywhere mid state LOL, I was thinking within 45 of the coast? We are just getting the wheels turning on this thing. I'd love to shoot divers on the salt... :D
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Divers on the coast is hit and miss and painful. Nothing like setting up a 200 spread and watching birds 1 mile off shore
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby Worlando » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:16 pm

pweisbrod wrote:Thanks for all the replies! We have one 2yo daughter and would like to spend 150k or less on a house, preferably around 100k. We have no preference really on where in the state, probably somewhere within an hour or two of davenport, so pretty much anywhere mid state LOL, I was thinking within 45 of the coast? We are just getting the wheels turning on this thing. I'd love to shoot divers on the salt... :D

Have you looked in davenport? It's pretty reasonable.
Worlando
hunter

Postby pweisbrod » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:26 pm

thanks guys - we haven't looked too much at davenport, but anything is game right now. wife considers school quality a big issue - we will have to see where the jobs are first, and go from there I think. It's hard to decide on a place to live when you really don't know up from down in a brand new state. :lol:
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Postby Bswelch2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Check out Tampa lots of jobs but good luck finding a house for $100k. We shoot divers out of the bay even puddlers if you know where to go.
Bswelch2
hunter

Postby pweisbrod » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Looking at some things around Tampa, actually. Thanks again for all the replies! :lol: wife is applying for work, we will see what shakes out.
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Why not Jacksonville. A little bit of everything

Trey
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby pweisbrod » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 am

We will look for jobs around there as well. :hammer:
Skyscraper.
pweisbrod
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:43 am

Just like any city Jacksonville has some rough parts and I know you was saying Xxxx amount of house be careful ( I know nothing other what my buddy who works all over JAX has told me and the news). I live about an hour from JAX. Just make sure you ask these guys on here who live in or around JAX about the area if you go this route.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:35 am

YJSONLY wrote:Just like any city Jacksonville has some rough parts and I know you was saying Xxxx amount of house be careful ( I know nothing other what my buddy who works all over JAX has told me and the news). I live about an hour from JAX. Just make sure you ask these guys on here who live in or around JAX about the area if you go this route.

Very good point. I live just south of Jax because the city itself is declining. Just stay clear of westside.

Trey
tknight006
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:24 pm

tknight006 wrote:
YJSONLY wrote:Just like any city Jacksonville has some rough parts and I know you was saying Xxxx amount of house be careful ( I know nothing other what my buddy who works all over JAX has told me and the news). I live about an hour from JAX. Just make sure you ask these guys on here who live in or around JAX about the area if you go this route.

Very good point. I live just south of Jax because the city itself is declining. Just stay clear of westside.

Trey

Or unless you like that strip life Silver Fox on beaver street is where it's at apparently by judging the crowd at 4am when I go to the farmers market with produce. It's really busy at the first of the month!
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:13 pm

YJSONLY wrote:
tknight006 wrote:

Trey

Or unless you like that strip life Silver Fox on beaver street is where it's at apparently by judging the crowd at 4am when I go to the farmers market with produce. It's really busy at the first of the month!

That hilarious! :beer:
tknight006
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm

tknight006 wrote:
YJSONLY wrote:
tknight006 wrote:

Trey

It's so busy people stand in the middle of the road like they own it.... Paying no mind to people who are working paying for there good time. If it wasn't for me making a greasy spot on the bumper I swear it crossed my mined of running them over. I am serious it was like it was their front yard in the middle of a 4 lane road.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:31 am

YJSONLY wrote:
tknight006 wrote:
YJSONLY wrote:
tknight006 wrote:

Trey

It's so busy people stand in the middle of the road like they own it.... Paying no mind to people who are working paying for there good time. If it wasn't for me making a greasy spot on the bumper I swear it crossed my mined of running them over. I am serious it was like it was their front yard in the middle of a 4 lane road.

Complimentary of obamacare!

Sent from a whooping crane.
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Tampa is a reasonable distance to Davenport, but so is Orlando or Lakeland. All three cities have their bad and good parts. Outskirts or Orlando are nice like Windermere or Winter Garden. On the Tampa side Lutz is a mix of city and country side. Close to fishing grounds and hunting grounds. As said there is a lot if opportunity in the state for it all.

Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting