Lake tohopekaliga

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Lake tohopekaliga

Postby rolltidebama31 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:56 am

Hey guys I'm new to the area from alabama. Is lake toho worth hunting
rolltidebama31
hunter

Re: Lake tohopekaliga

Postby tknight006 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:22 pm

I pulled up your post history, and 8 of your 9 post are something like "hey I'm new, where are the good spots". I will be the first to say that my first post was no different, and some of the guys quickly explained where I had gone wrong. Just won't get you far with most of the guys and it definitely doesn't help that your a Bama fan.

Utilize the search function and save yourself some flack. Are you new to Florida or NC, since you posted the same to both

Trey
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby dogyak » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:37 am

tknight006 wrote:I pulled up your post history, and 8 of your 9 post are something like "hey I'm new, where are the good spots". I will be the first to say that my first post was no different, and some of the guys quickly explained where I had gone wrong. Just won't get you far with most of the guys and it definitely doesn't help that your a Bama fan.

Utilize the search function and save yourself some flack. Are you new to Florida or NC, since you posted the same to both

Trey
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He busted you :eek:
dogyak
hunter

Postby duckhuntertls » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:13 am

:help: Come on guys cut the guy some slack...Buddy I understand your pain... The best place to hunt in Central Florida is right in front of the Quack shack, just outside the opening for Camp Mack. Just wait for these guys to take off and stick to them like glue. Those boys will just love you and probley take you under their wing..so to speak. Second best spot is a little tricky but nobody said duck hunting was easy. Busch Gardens before or after closing can give you some quality shooting, if you set up right.Try scouting the place while it is open and keep your eyes open. If you take a small baseball bat with you and some bread, there is a good chance you may be able to swat a banded pintail or two. If you get caught..ah I mean if you are checked..just tell them that John Smith (thats me) said it was ok. Happy hunting :beer:
duckhuntertls
hunter

Postby dogyak » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Wow , you just drop profanity that was uncalled for . I would like to say that we have some young men on this site in their teens . One is just 15 yrs old . I'm also pretty sure it's against the bylaws also as a member to do so , but if not , shows you have no class even if some of this guys gave you a hard time in your mind . At least they didn't drop words like you . Get a thick skin and get over it . If you would study the trends and watch other post , you'll learn something . Now I would like to share a picture with you , we Florida boys don't know how to hunt . So take one of those tines and stick it where the good lord split you :hi:
Attachments
Bucks (325x244).jpg
Bucks (325x244).jpg (78.54 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
dogyak
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:14 pm

rolltidebama31 wrote:First of all f*ck all 3 of you and second of all my job is either taking me to Orlando or Jacksonville NC not that I owed you an explanation tnight006. And 3rd the website is call duck hunting chat and I ask if all thoes places were good I didn't ask for you "secret" spots. And 4th all you faggots from Florida come to alabama to hunt OUR deer and shoot any thing that moves because none of you know how to hunt. So if you yall wanna be a*s holes I can be an a*s hole right back.

I figured by recommending you use the search function rather than be an ***, I was doing you a favor. I asked where you were moving to because there are a lot of guys on here that end up hunting together..pretty sure you don't have to worry about that anymore. Seem like you'll make friends quick, seeing as how you can obviously take a joke.

Also, id be willing to wager that I own a lot more land in Alabama than you do (not your mom, dad, uncle, etc). So lets call them OUR deer. Jobs often take us to other states (as you're now finding out)

Here's my offer. I will give you my address and if you get the Orlando job, you can stop here (Jacksonville, fl) on your way south. I can obviously learn some respect and I feel as if you could probably teach me being such a tough guy. Beers on me afterwards.

You can probably get back to having sex with your sister now, boy.

Trey
tknight006
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Don't worry too much about him Trey . He just solidified what 99% of people think gump bammer fans are like. Thankfully we have enough level headed Auburn fans to kinda even out the white trash gump fans. War Eagle! Gump learn some respect and try to scout and earn some good spots instead of begging for holes

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby rolltidebama31 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:21 am

Yeah you probably do own more land then me in my own state cause you like I said before you guys from Florida have to in order to kill a deer and from my experiences with Florida hunters they shoot anything that moves and then drives around in the nearest town with it the back of there truck. I'm used to the alabama jokes cause I work with guys from all over the US but the sister thing was too far. I don't have a sister. And I hate hearing people say that about alabama. Have you actually ever heard of that going on? No you haven't. But in all honesty it was childish to say all the cuss words on here but don't give a new guy a hard time all I'm trying to do is google map places and save my self some time and money when I do move. I literally just got of of the marine corps and don't have that much money so chill out I was just if lake Toho was good in general looking for a general answer
rolltidebama31
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 am

Biggest thing on here man is to not put out names of locations. Handle that stuff in the PM's. Google earth is a great scouting tool to get you started, next is either trying to find the time to get to that place and see if it holds birds or looks like it has the resources the birds are looking for. Take a different approach to the forums, stick around, post some good info and learn to know some of the guys on here. From that point, there will always be a couple willing to help you out about places via PM's.

Public hunting places here in FL have gotten ridiculously overcrowded with hunters thanks to location name dropping on the internet. One guy posts up a pic of a limit of birds and names the location then the next week the line is 70 trucks deep. For example, a certain place i hunt in North FL has been subject to this. The ramp normally opens at 3-3:30, and you could show up there around that time and generally be one of the first 5 people in. Now, thanks to name dropping and Duck Dynasty, you show up there at 3 to 3:30 and you are lucky if you can be one of the 100 hunters they let in that day. Friggin' ridiculous. That has now pushed me to explore, scout and find areas that are just as productive, without the wait.

So good luck to you man, keep in mind you have to have some thick skin around these parts every now and then. And these FL guys are a lot better than the VA forum guys. :lol3:
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby Ichabod97 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:24 am

Oh, another good tool, www.myfwc.com. That site will give you the specifics on the WMA's, regulations and quota hunts. Look into it, hopefully it will help you out.

And... :welcome: .
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby duckhuntertls » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:17 am

So sorry your feeling were hurt.....Toho sucks just like you do :grooving:
duckhuntertls
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:53 am

The Sister joke was excellent and you know it.

Lots of current and former Active Duty guys on here (myself included). I know you have thick skin if you are a Marine. If you do infact continue to frequent this forum, you will see what we mean about guys asking about spots (again, I did the exact same thing)... its gets crazy right before the season. I don't even post pictures if you can see the location because the next day it will absolutely have other folks hunting it.... trust me, its true. Not sure where you hunted in Alabama, but public land is crazy here. If you move to orlando, you will be in good area (in my opinion).

What job are you taking?

Trey
tknight006
hunter

Postby rolltidebama31 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:05 pm

I went to school for law enforcement and I applied in Jacksonville nc when I got And Kissimme because that's where my wife's family is at and she wants to be close with her family again
rolltidebama31
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:10 pm

Its been said already, but ill reiterate it. All of us at some point had to go out and look for birds on our own.I just moved to Tampa this past year and it was like learning to hunt all over again. I scrounged a few birds here and there, but it was more of a learning experience than anything. Just like deer hunting if not more difficult it takes time and money to find birds. Taking the easy way out is not as rewarding as putting in the time and effort on your own. :welcome:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Its been said already, but ill reiterate it. All of us at some point had to go out and look for birds on our own.I just moved to Tampa this past year and it was like learning to hunt all over again. I scrounged a few birds here and there, but it was more of a learning experience than anything. Just like deer hunting if not more difficult it takes time and money to find birds. Taking the easy way out is not as rewarding as putting in the time and effort on your own. :welcome:

Scouting for ducks is harder than deer! Deer pour corn and wait. Ducks they have no clue what/when/how what they are going to do an on top of that everyone else out blowing on their world famous DC call
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby troutman561 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Toho has no ducks. Lots of coot tho.
troutman561
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Dude seriously quit trying to play the "just got out of the marine corps" card. The fact that your posts and attitude already p****** me off, now your claiming to be a marine (whether you are or aren't I don't care. Moral of the story is it reflects poorly on Marines period).

Add to it you're from my beloved home state, and I really am annoyed.

For reference, to get help in a new area I find it beneficial to offer something in return for help, ESPECIALLY if someone is taking you out to show you the ropes. If you have a good dog, solid decoys, or just a dang good attitude that goes a long way. Being a good dude will carry you far in life.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"If you don't chew big red, then f- you"
Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:19 am

Rolltidebama,

Normally myself, as well as near about every other poster in this thread try to help each other out, including new guys and out of state transfers.

In this instance, you will receive no such help from me (or many other members) unless you do an about face and quit acting like an ignorant, knuckledragging douchebag.

Should you learn some humility and have a little respect, you will likely fit right in.

Until then, good luck. Your going to need it, cause this ain't Alabama.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Oh man! I havnt been on this forum in awhile! Looks like there's some off season fun.

Sent from a whooping crane.
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby FSUDuck » Thu May 01, 2014 7:56 pm

jakefromflorida wrote:Oh man! I havnt been on this forum in awhile! Looks like there's some off season fun.

Always entertaining. [BOMB]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FSUDuck
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 pm

FSUDuck wrote:
jakefromflorida wrote:Oh man! I havnt been on this forum in awhile! Looks like there's some off season fun.

Always entertaining. [BOMB]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is... Still sucks to see lake and area names make the internet. It may be just me... But I get that way even if the place mentioned isn't holding ducks. I'm pretty sure it's like a unconscious nerve end that hits me... Lol

Oh well.

Welcome dude.

Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Tue May 27, 2014 8:49 am

I was out there this past weekend and there was nary a teal or ringer to be found.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue May 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Coonrod wrote:I was out there this past weekend and there was nary a teal or ringer to be found.

Lol I reckon that means it worthless to hunt then. There ain't no ducks.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby troutman561 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:59 am

There are no ducks there. There are a ton on the north end of lake Apopka tho. I hear you can sometimes have it all to yourself too
troutman561
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting