New Duck Decoy NEW VIDEO

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

New Duck Decoy NEW VIDEO

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:22 am

Here is a new video on YouTube and I am looking for feedback on it! PATENT PENDING!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxjUNnF-F8c
Last edited by SWAMPMAN2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Re: New Duck Decoy

Postby Dep6 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:27 am

I asked a question over there on your video.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:26 am

Yes you could change decoys.Iam going to make some pin tails.I my self do most of my hunting for teal ring neck blue bills and wood ducks and mottled ducks black bellied pin tails.
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:30 pm

I think you might be on to something, but you are going to have to find a way to hide that platform. And what about when the decoy tips to feed...I am guessing the black bottom of the decoy is now sticking up in the air???
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Well I guess you never saw the pole on the mojo or the platform on wonder duck or the platform on the mojo duck on the water with wings.And the part of the duck when tip up is colored the same as the duck.BUT THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AND POSTING
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:27 pm

you know i didn't think of that, but you make a good point. hey if it works, it works.

i personally have given up on spending $$$$ on all the motorized decoys. I have 1 mojo teal which i use maybe a 1/4 of the season. Rest of the time a home made jerk string does it for me.

Good luck with your setup.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:41 am

I also have try all kinds of new decoys and have four mojos.I find that here in FL late season they flare ducks off so I spent A lo to of time in the swamp just watching ducks and I found they seem to land much easier when some of them are feeding so that's why I made this duck.And I would much rather have my hands on my shot gun then A jerk cord teal are just to fast
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Re: New Duck Decoy NEW VIDEO

Postby waterdogds » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Contact the Robertsons or drive directly to West Monroe and let them put your proto types through the paces of a season.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 am

Sorry waterdogds I think that they only deal with china and my duck was made hear by A VET no can do.But thank you for input and watching video.I think some one out there will talk to me about it soon looking for real duck hunters not side show act :yes: :yes: :yes:
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:36 am

SWAMPMAN2 wrote:Sorry waterdogds I think that they only deal with china and my duck was made hear by A VET no can do.But thank you for input and watching video.I think some one out there will talk to me about it soon looking for real duck hunters not side show act :yes: :yes: :yes:

Seriously....I think they are just the folks that would help you get that thing going if proven to them. Good luck swampman! :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:01 am

If you can figure out a way to get a lot more water movement out of those decoys, I think they'll work fine. As is, I don't think they create enough commotion on the water to make a big difference.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:31 am

To waterdogds that family only reps things they make nothing and you pay them for there name again NO CAN DO I liked it when they hunted ducks not now its is A fake reality show like so many others BUT AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: SWAMPMAN ON THE .SIDE. NOW TO DUCK DAWG when most diver ducks feed they don't make A lot of splash they just go in and out bring up A video of ducks feeding.IAM not trying to scare the ducks away just to in come close
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 am

You asked for opinions, I gave you one. Ducks on the water create a ton of movement...I'm not talking whitecaps, but feeding/moving ducks put off a lot of ripples on the water, which can be seen from far away. You're right about how diving ducks feed, but that decoy doesn't imitate diving ducks. Dabbling ducks like the one's you're trying to imitate create even more movement because they're constantly up and down, bobbing on the surface, shaking vegetation, etc.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:54 am

You are wright I did ask your opinion and thank you for that I guess time will tell the whole story.
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:48 am

BUMP TTT :umm: :umm: :umm: :umm: LOVE TO HEAR MORE
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 am

It appears the platform is grey, I think it would blend into most water conditions especially marshes better, if it was mud brown
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:08 am

bump ttt
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting