Duck Hunting Forum banner

Over/Under or Auto??

981 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  pintail17 
#1 ·
Who is a fan of what. Matt, your 10 Guage doesn't count. It is in the canon sec. 12's only. Me, Stroger, Condor, Over/Under baby. Never jam's and feels great........ Anyone else.

#4 ·
Started out with an 870, it didnt fit me But i bought it because i heard the functionality of it was good

Saved my money and bought a 935- liked how it shot and felt comfortable with it, then after the first 3 months it ran into alot of problems, dont want to bash the gun because alot of people have better experiences with their 935's

picked up a benelli M2 and havnt looked back :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Fausti O/U
Been shooting it for 3 yrs now, O/u's will definately cut down on your shell cost and force you to become a better shot or go hungry.

#7 ·
A-men dude. I well still live and die by Kent fast steel. I had alot less cripled duck this year shooting it. I tripled and doubled this year too. One triple with the auto and doubled 8 times with the O/U. 6 on teal and the other two on ringers.

#11 ·
Been hunting with an O/U now for about the last 20 years, sometimes I miss that 3rd shot, I won't lie but it never jams!!

#12 ·
Remington 11/87. You guys are absolutely right when you say that using an o/u will force you to be a better shot and cut down on the cost of bullets. I have had nothing but problems with my 11/87 and will be buying a new gun this year, but not sure what. I have a 935 in the case and 2 870's but hey, that is not enough.

#14 ·
I shoot an 11/87 like the gun. Just heavy. I mainly got for the shell extension and side saddle. I only had problems when gas chamber gets gummed up. So clean at least that and keep oiled every time and haven't had any problems since then. Also firing a few thousand rounds over the years broke it in. Also like 870 cheap and light. Never used o/u but would like to. Would like the options of having 2 different choaks or different loads if needed

#15 ·
The new Condors come with 5 different chokes I M IC F Tky . The turkey choke is retarded cool. It puts a shot pattern at 40 yards the size of a standard bowl. About a 6 in dia. Awesome. They are starting to get that choke for most guns. Just dont shoot a slug out of it. Mit get stuck.

#16 ·
I haven't had any problems out of my 11/87 since I had the trigger housing replaced last year. I have to say it performed pretty well this year. It is just the fact I had to send it out for repair one year after I had it that stick in my mind. The gunsmith told me he has had several of them come in. It has always been a well made reliable gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.