Waterfowlers in Destin/FWB, FL area?????

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Waterfowlers in Destin/FWB, FL area?????

Postby xtreme waterfowl » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:32 pm

Hi, new to the forum. I recently moved to Destin, FL from Tallahassee. Have been a hardcore waterfowler for many years. I've got the rig, the dog and the gear, but I have absolutely no idea where to hunt in this area. I would greatly appreciate any advice someone might be willing to give. I'd love to start scouting here in a week or so.
xtreme waterfowl
hunter

Postby bigblue71 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:39 pm

I have seen several hunters in the sound between the Mary esther area and pensacola beach.If you have any info on rules and regs for hunting in the sound I would appreciate a reply as I would like to take my boy for a hunt this year.
bigblue71
Newb

Sound/Intercoastal

Postby LB » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:02 am

I hunt with xtreme waterfowl and he learned that it is legal. You just can't stand out on the land. You must hunt from a boat. Stay clear of the houses and don't shoot back toward 98. Seems like lots of activity out that way. Good luck.
LB
Newb

Postby Evil_McNasty » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:45 am

What kind of birds are guys seeing up there?
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby Jacknasty » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:46 am

I live in Fort Walton Beach, but unfortunately, I can only tell you where the killer fishing is. I'm just starting this duck hunting thing.

If any of you ever need saltwater or fly fishing advice, I could help you out :thumbsup:
Ramon
Jacknasty
Newb

Postby slepe67 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:49 pm

anyone have any luck around here this year? Not me...tried to get some after work hunts in, but, the only ones I saw were over the 98 bridge to P- Cola...
slepe67
hunter

Postby SCduckslayer84 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:35 pm

whats up guys, i have been here a lil over 3 yrs and have been going home to SC every winter just to hunt up there because i haven't found anyone to hunt down here with! i am really really in to duck hunting, i love it to death. i was wondering if anyone didn't mind having a fellow hunter tag along this season coming up! Or atleast informing me of some good placces to hunt! I read in one of the previous foums that eglin has some good woodie hunting, i can get on to eglin, and that is the big deal in SC is woodies! We have plenty of those big boys! Thanks!
WAIT FOR IT, WAIT FOR IT.........TAKE EM'!!!!!!

"IF IT FLIES, IT DIES"

"SMOKIN QUACK"
SCduckslayer84
Newb

Postby DDEshooter » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:54 pm

I know that there are thousands of acres of hunting land attached to Eglin AFB. You have to hook up with the Jackson Guard I believe it is called. They can give you maps and the info you need. Someone that can get on the base could definitly lead you to them.
DDEshooter
hunter

Postby jedisme » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:39 pm

wow, i didn't know you could hunt elgin thats awesome i've seen dozens of turkeys wondering around in a field of theirs.
jedisme
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:45 am

Howdy everyone,
I'm a Mod over in the Colorado state forum, & I'm going to be relocating to the pensacola area for this upcoming season. I have very little knowledge of the area, but am willing to do my homework & hook up with anyone willing go crack some beaks. I've been hunting waterfowl for almost 13 years, but most importantly, I'm safe, and respectful of people's $$$ spots. PM me anytime as the season draws closer.
C-N-B :salude:
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

c-n-b

Postby Fackler Flash » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:28 am

I just moved to Pensacola from North Alabama. I've mainly been looking for hunting spots in the Mobile area as I have an Alabama license, but holler if you want, and we'll see if we can't hook up for a hunt around here sometime.
Fackler Flash
hunter

Postby slepe67 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:48 pm

any idea on how the local area is gonna be this year? If I am gonna be home, I hope to be hunting daily. Only shot 1 duck the whole of last season. It was a Woodie, but, I guess I cant complain. Cant talk now, gotta tune my bow. Anyone know of a PRIVATE Hog hunting area? I might not be in town this season...AGAIN! DAMMIT!
slepe67
hunter

Postby duckhuntnfl » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:41 pm

Fackler Flash,
mobile has some good duck hunting, pm me and ill give you some places to look at... ill be over there in the middle of oct. to scout a lil welcome to ride along..
duckhuntnfl
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting