Duck Hunting Forum banner

I'm watching what is wrong with duck hunting now.

377 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  FSUDuck 
#1 ·
I'm currently sitting at well known wma looking for birds and wouldn't you n know I hear boom boom boom so as I look through my binoculars I'm seeing the most idiotic thing I do believe I've ever witnessed two younger guys blasting ducks. If something doesn't change and these people don't start acting right it's just a matter of time before we loose what lil bit of hunting land we have I've had it this year with people so now I currently wait for the law man to show up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I can only assume wacknstack while I was on the phone with the man he said he was already on his way that he had watched them shoot a fm so idk if that ment someone filmed them earlier or if he was on the other side doing the same thing I was with binos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#8 ·
This is the second instance I heard of people out shooting during the season split. That just proves to me that there are still way too many uneducated hunters out there. They obviously don't know the seasons, most don't know the range of a shotgun, and honestly I would think the lack of other people hunting then would be a big clue. Best thing you can do in that scenario is alert FWC. I make it a point to get the phone number of the FWC officers that patrol the area's I hunt so if I run into a scenario, or just have some questions, I'm getting in touch with the officer in that area. Most will gladly hand out their number.

#9 ·
Ichabod97 said:
This is the second instance I heard of people out shooting during the season split. That just proves to me that there are still way too many uneducated hunters out there. They obviously don't know the seasons, most don't know the range of a shotgun, and honestly I would think the lack of other people hunting then would be a big clue. Best thing you can do in that scenario is alert FWC. I make it a point to get the phone number of the FWC officers that patrol the area's I hunt so if I run into a scenario, or just have some questions, I'm getting in touch with the officer in that area. Most will gladly hand out their number.
Have you had any luck with that? Last year, couple of guys on here and myself had several issues with hunters shooting way before LST and sunset, shooting illegal birds and many other things. I called FWC, spoke to two wardens but never saw one out there. Now i know they were probably in civis and not a FWC boat, but after watching over and over again the same people doing the same crap....kinda started thinking they never cared/showed up.

#10 ·
They care , but really short handed . The state needs to approved more funds to hired more officers is one of the issues at hand . Also , I feel they should really start putting these guy's in jail other than just giving tickets . You have some of them get it put to them , them the others will think twice about it .

#11 ·
I have only heard of 1 instance where FWC got on the water where I hunt. They busted a group of people coming in and hunting an area earlier than the gates opened and they failed to get the daily quota permit.

Other than that if I see some shady stuff out on the water and there is a GW at the ramp when I return, I give them a heads up. If it is some serious stuff, i'll give the guys a call to see if he is in the area.

The GW was at the WMA I hunted on the last day of the November split. She was checking birds, guns, boat registration and safety equipment. Saw her run some guys info that came in behind us, not sure what they did, but she was dealing with them for a little bit.

#12 ·
dogyak said:
They care , but really short handed . The state needs to approved more funds to hired more officers is one of the issues at hand .
I agree. I recently saw a guy in kayak pull up at the ramp. When I asked him how he had done. He said he had got a red, he then pulled up a stringer with a 12" red. I informed him that the red was undersize and that I would advise him to release it, which he did. Ignorance or disregard, either way I've been seeing a lot of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.