Duck Hunting Forum banner

Polk County distress call need help stuck in my boat

592 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Murraymc711 
#1 ·
My shaft broke off my motor in the middle of a lake and not a sole is out here anyone close wanna help a brother out? 3865273991

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#2 ·
That sucks Murray. I'd be out from Tampa if I wasn't on the ambulance. Hopefully someone shows to give a hand before the cold sets in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·

I was running across the middle of the lake and the motor revved out and bounced off the limiter lifted it up to find this i can honestly say I haven't hit anything other than mud and veggies sense I bought this motor brand new 2 years ago but thankfully my repore with godevil over the years gets me back on the water by Tuesday hopefully. I can't thank the gentlemen that came and got me enough he called about 2min after I posted. I'm horrible with names sorry lol.

#9 ·
Murraymc711 said:
. I can't thank the gentle man that came and got me enough he called about 2min after I posted. I'm horrible with names sorry lol.

I'm just glad I saw the post so quick. And I'm glad you gave me an excuse to get back outside. It was too nice of a day to sit indoors. Good luck with the motor and hopefully you are back on the water quick.

#10 ·
troutman561 said:
Murraymc711 said:
. I can't thank the gentle man that came and got me enough he called about 2min after I posted. I'm horrible with names sorry lol.

I'm just glad I saw the post so quick. And I'm glad you gave me an excuse to get back outside. It was too nice of a day to sit indoors. Good luck with the motor and hopefully you are back on the water quick.
Again Thank you! Hope one day I can return the favor.

#15 ·
Murraymc711 said:
No I didn't have a prop or anything else to use to beat on the old shaft to get it out so I welded the slide hammer onto the broke shaft to get it out new shaft seals prop bearings and bushings will be here Tuesday

Dang. Wish it was shallow enough to find the prop. But I wouldn't be volunteering to get in the water in that lake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.