Duck Hunting Forum banner

Panhandle birds

3K views 58 replies 19 participants last post by  jedisme 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Just wondering if people are seeing any redheads or bluebill up in the Panhandle. Went out last weekend and only saw a few dozen Buff's and Merg's in Perdido Bay/River.

#5 ·
Chill out dude, he posted his own spot, wasn't asking for yours. Good luck to you though and thank for informative post...I wrote your rules down, so I don't forget.

To the OP. Seems like the birds have left for the time being. Saw a good # of redheads and bluebill about a week and a half ago. Hunted out of town last weekend, so I can't say, but went today and got skunked for the first time in my life. Did not see a single group flying, even in the bino's. Thought today would be solid after that front rolled thru..

#8 ·
Nothing showing up around Tampa yet. Usually by Christmas Eve we would see decent numbers. I can count the scaup I've seen on my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
eagledrvr15 said:
Chill out dude, he posted his own spot, wasn't asking for yours. Good luck to you though and thank for informative post...I wrote your rules down, so I don't forget.
What is both "his spot" and "your spot" were actually the same place?

Unless you hunt private property, other people hunt "your spot". Be courteous to them and don't plaster "their spot" on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I literally only come on this site to look at the comments from people ripping apart someone for asking questions lol. you people Crack me up, the man was simply asking if anyone else had seen any birds. you act like shooting gulf Coast divers is some well kept secret and that it's hard to shoot them when they are here.

#13 ·
I don't care how big the body of water is its a matter of common courtesy not to plaster it all over the Internet and if you had to deal with these morons screwing everything up like we do than you might feel the same way but with the state spraying everything in the fresh it has condensed everyone into small specific spots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I will add I have checked out 3 new areas this year I had previously thought about but kept reading chatter on. I hunted 1 of them with success. These areas weren't secrets but I gathered enough online information to make the 2-2.5 hrs drive north worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Little Education Understanding for C.K. if you are a registered user of duckhuntingchat. Welcome member to the clan(club) of internet scouts,(GOOG) thank you for joining our association, everyone who is on this FORUM is in some degree an internet scout. You probable even researched your rifle on the internet, unless your still using your grandpa's double barrel side by side.
Forum - a discussion or share of information. Remember the person on the other end just may be the care giver. years from now you need or some grandpa's, grandchild who is looking for information to get into the sport.

#19 ·
suvh8er,

I hunt nearby you. You didn't post anything specific, but had you said the area was hot, rest assured guys around you would flood that river. With that said, aside from divers, this is probably the worst area in Florida to hunt. I get kinda remote, so I hardly see hunters unless I head diver hunting. Most of the guys bitching live in areas with a much larger migration of birds, thus much more hunting pressure.

I'll dm you with a report after I head out tomorrow.

#23 ·
Went out last Thursday and "goog"ed around a different spot on somewhere between Pensacola and Destin (vague enough?!) Still nothing but large numbers of Buff's and Mergs.
If I observed decent birds I would not be on the interwebs asking or telling where they are, I'd have my hands on a shotgun and not a keyboard!

#24 ·
Bswelch2 said:
sbr01 said:
I'm closer to Destin this week. Haven't seen nearly as many birds around as I did this time last year and the year before. Hunted the past couple years with some luck, but not really interested this year.

I'm with you it's not worth the effort this year.
Sad to hear. I took the year off to work on the house and few other things but the reports I've got from friends i wish i hadn't, sounds like they are having a great year. Hopefully you find them, they have been hunting some giant lake that begins with an O but it is a seceret so i can't be more specific. Sorry....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#25 ·
FLAHUNTR said:
Bswelch2 said:
sbr01 said:
I'm closer to Destin this week. Haven't seen nearly as many birds around as I did this time last year and the year before. Hunted the past couple years with some luck, but not really interested this year.

I'm with you it's not worth the effort this year.
Sad to hear. I took the year off to work on the house and few other things but the reports I've got from friends i wish i hadn't, sounds like they are having a great year. Hopefully you find them, they have been hunting some giant lake that begins with an O but it is a seceret so i can't be more specific. Sorry....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Oh man I'm heading down there now based on an internet report. Do people really drive 3 hrs based on an internet report? What a bunch of losers.

#26 ·
Tealwemeetagain said:
I literally only come on this site to look at the comments from people ripping apart someone for asking questions lol. you people Crack me up, the man was simply asking if anyone else had seen any birds. you act like shooting gulf Coast divers is some well kept secret and that it's hard to shoot them when they are here.
been saying that since i moved down to florida, bunch of cry babies bashing each other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.