Duck Hunting Forum banner

How far will you go?

257 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sbr01 
#1 ·
We go above and beyond to shoot ducks. Kind of funny what we'll subject ourselves to. After two and and a half days of lying in bed sick as hell, I left the house at 2:30 to go hunt today. Fever, spins, Gatorade and soup...a little anyway. Slept all afternoon today, but made it out this AM.

So, puked I the blind. Right off the swamp stool, puked in my blind. Little fish loved it. I hated e'er second. No ducks except the ones flying bye after exiting blind. Ended day with two snipe.

Can anyone say they've had a similar day to make me feel better? Still sick, lying in bed. Watching some dumb van dam movie after a long afternoon nap. Can't sleep now, work tomorrow.

#4 ·
Well, last Tuesday I dropped my Benelli Super Vinci barrel first in the water had to take it apart and dig 4" of mud out the barrel. Proceeded to chasing a cripple and found a hole 7' deep and went for a swim in my waders. To top it off my partner had to leave early so I was loading the kayak up by myself, stepped up on the tailgate, slipped and landed on a fallen tree and the kayak. But hey! We killed 5 woodies and made it home alive.

#5 ·
I have done it three times this season. Work a 10 hour shift, Go home sleep 1 hour. Then Get set up and wait in line to do permit Hunts. Had to be at work by 11 AM and work a 10 hour shift. After the last time I question why I do it because I could barley stay awake at work. O yeah, I love Duck hunting (addicted) :hammer: Has ended up being awsome shoots each time.

#6 ·
At least you guys got some birds. I thought about lying down in the boat and dealing with it, but that isn't why I went out there, so did my best. Just started thinking about it. It really is an addiction, because you can't say no.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.