Duck Hunting Forum banner

Orlando duck guides

508 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Gatordone 
#1 ·
Hauling the family to Disney next Christmas. Need to steal away for a day or 2 and shoot some birds. Looking for guide recommendations that you or a friend have used and liked. Dabblers or divers. Thanks

#2 ·
Do yourself a favor, save your money...

Find a local or someone willing to take you.

Before the snowflakes attack me... my OPINION of Florida duck hunting guides is this...

I've noticed 99.9% of them take you on open, local waters that you yourself had the ability to do so... There's no special club, lease, or honey hole they are bringing you on... They are just scouting, like the rest of us, and up-charging you several hundred dollars for the trouble. Most the time they are not licensed or insured, no captain license, etc.

Disclaimer: I'm sure there's a few good guides around Florida.

Here's the thing, split the gas with me, be half-way decent company, tell some corny jokes, try not to share said body of water with anyone, and your welcome to come hunt with me on same said waters... In my experience the same mindset occurs for the majority of the "Joe-smoe weekend warriors.".

I'm no where near orlando, but come that time this next season email me or message me and if I'm on birds your welcome to come... There may be some others who feel the same that come along...

good luck, need any advice or help when the time comes let me know...

#6 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Only once hired a guide. Last season took a trip to Green Bay and had an outfitter take a buddy and I layout boating. Shot birds but didn't get on to well with the guide. I'll keep shopping for outfitters but will certainly post up closer to the trip to see if y'all wouldn't mind taking a stranger. Have no issue paying for gas, snacks, and post hunt beers. Thanks for the advice and for being willing to share your corner of the world.

#8 ·
sbr01 said:
WallyDuck, I'd be interested in hunting with you or the group that takes you.

Part because it's cool to meet new hunters. And more so to watch your reaction to the "duck hunters" in Central FL.
Buddy from Michigan literally started cracking up his first hunt here with me. Heard someone calling on their duck kazoo asked me are these people real. I responded sadly yes welcome to hunting in the sunshine state.

#9 ·
Bswelch2 said:
sbr01 said:

Part because it's cool to meet new hunters. And more so to watch your reaction to the "duck hunters" in Central FL.
Buddy from Michigan literally started cracking up his first hunt here with me. Heard someone calling on their duck kazoo asked me are these people real. I responded sadly yes welcome to hunting in the sunshine state.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#10 ·
dogyak said:
Bswelch2 said:
sbr01 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have heard terrible duck calling in literally every state I've ever hunted in. We are not "special" in that sense.

Some of the worst duck hunters I've ever seen were in Kansas. We have some terrible hunters, yes, but we are hardly the exception.

#11 ·
Either y'all hate the local guides or y'all real nice. Appreciate the offers. To be honest up until recently never thought of Florida as a duck hunting state. Wasn't excited about this trip until I found out I could take a hunting side trip. Thanks

#12 ·
WallyDuck said:
Either y'all hate the local guides or y'all real nice. Appreciate the offers. To be honest up until recently never thought of Florida as a duck hunting state. Wasn't excited about this trip until I found out I could take a hunting side trip. Thanks
Don't let the comedy show of florida's duck hunters fool you.

State has some spectacular waterfowl action to be had... This may be biased, but like deer hunting... You just have to spend more sweat, blood, and tears working for it then other places.

Touch back in when season rolls around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.