Duck Hunting Forum banner

Looking for hunting buddies for the upcoming season

689 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Duck hunter86 
#1 ·
I'm pretty new to this forum and have already met some nice people. I'm looking to find some guys to get together and hunt with. I'm in the central Fl area. I have a prodigy 18x54 being built right now and I can't wait for the new season.This will be my first season on my own and not with a guide or seasoned hunter. If anyone is interested feel free to shoot me a text or call. 407-967-9861 Chris.

#2 ·
Hello Chris,

Welcome along, some good folks here, also check out Unitedwaterfowlers.org

Prodigy sure does make a nice boat, I have no doubt you'll enjoy it.

Have you ever hunted in Florida for ducks? how long if so?

#4 ·
Hey Chris,,,, welcome to the forum... I too am getting a new boat this year... I'll be picking it up next week. Gator Trax 17x50 hunt deck with a 4400 HDR Mud Buddy pushing her... I am orig. from cen. fl as well but now live up in the Panhandle area after I retired from the military. My brother is still down there in Lake Mary and has everything but a boat for duck hunting. I drive my boat (new boat next season) down there when my wife and I see our families for thanksgiving and Christmas. He and I hunt our normal spots,, West Lake Toho, Lake George and Lake Harney.... He knows his **** and would love to hunt with you I'm sure. PM me if you think you'd be open to meeting him. Take care and congrats on your new boat...

#8 ·
Mark, congrats on the new boat, that's awesome. Well deserved. I think you know a thing or two about boats? Haha. Chris, some of these dudes can't help but run their suck. You'll learn who they are as you continue to frequent this forum. Boat might not bag you any more ducks, but you are sure to enjoy it. Haters gonna hate. Good on you for saving up and buying the boat you wanted. Kill it next season.

#9 ·
Duck hunter86 said:
I've been in Fl my whole life. I use to hunt with a guy in holopaw who's moved out of state but it's been several years since I've been up until the end of this season I hunted Lake O with a guide and one day of west coast and landed a few buffleheads.
Lake O has some great duck hunting and plenty of room to spread out and find those "hidden holes" with ducks. I'd love to live in close proximity of that lake.

Sounds like you've learned some decent venues to get started on, you ever find yourself a little further north central let me know. West coast can be tricky but also another great area of opportunity for some great fowl hunting.

Look forward to seeing how your season plays out this next winter.

#12 ·
Duckchaser25 said:
Mark, congrats on the new boat, that's awesome. Well deserved. I think you know a thing or two about boats? Haha. Chris, some of these dudes can't help but run their suck. You'll learn who they are as you continue to frequent this forum. Boat might not bag you any more ducks, but you are sure to enjoy it. Haters gonna hate. Good on you for saving up and buying the boat you wanted. Kill it next season.
Thanks Duckchaser25, got the boat and have got about 12hrs on the motor,, break in period is done and I absolutely love this boat and motor set up... Now the only thing I'll need to do between now and the season starting is build the duck blind for it... :beer:

#13 ·
I'm jealous! I'm just trying to save up for a 25hp Surface drive for my boat. I'm sick of pulling hydrilla and lilly pads off my outboard all season/year long. A surface drive would work well in the little river here as it'll get pretty low sometimes and I've jumped the rapid enough to know when not too with an outboard but with a surface drive I'd never slow down.

#14 ·
StrawhatBogger said:
I'm jealous! I'm just trying to save up for a 25hp Surface drive for my boat. I'm sick of pulling hydrilla and lilly pads off my outboard all season/year long. A surface drive would work well in the little river here as it'll get pretty low sometimes and I've jumped the rapid enough to know when not too with an outboard but with a surface drive I'd never slow down.
shoot me a PM,,, looks like we're in the same area.... Maybe we could do a hunt or two... I'll take ya..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.