Duck Hunting Forum banner

Waders? likes? dislikes? wishful changes?

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Flatsmaster23 
#1 ·
Looking to put in for the STA's next season, know I will need a set of waders. Read through the forum topics on waders an kind a miniscual information. Would like Florida opinion's specifically as our climate is definitely different then north of border. So if you could post response of what you have or had, like's or dislike's what you would like to see changed on wades, or if you have found the perfect set.

#3 ·
Or if your a big dude like me over 6'3 get the cabelas breathables they are aewsome to but more money and I think you get more for less money with the game winners honestly just with they fit me a lil better but I know 3 people that have them and put them to the test and they are aewsome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I've owned a pair of Cabelas breathables for 6 years. Highly recommended. They are just now falling apart. Had to do a little patch work last season, but they get beat up pretty good where/how I hunt. Down there you shouldn't do quite as much damage. I also have a high end pair of Lacrosse breathable that I would not recommend, they started leaking after only one season. I would almost tell you to get a cheap pair in anticipation of replacing them every few years. Just depends how you hunt. If you're hunting in grass, or from your boat, they should last longer. Good Luck.

#8 ·
I purchased a set of Frogg Togg waders and I love them. My buddy also has the same ones. Were Two an a half seasons strong and not a single leak. I have wore mine in the STA's, walked through the woods with them several times that consisted of some thickets. Even wore a few times while deer hunting due to so warm. But If your looking for cheaper, the Red Heads & Cabelas I have all heard great reviews. I have tried academy waders and the one problems I had was boots fit awful and leaked after two uses. Now a number of my friends had the same problems with them also. This was a few years back so I cant tell you if the quality has improved. Just my two cents..

#10 ·
Buy once, cry once. I'm a big proponent of breathable waders, regardless of temp, and LL Bean makes the best I've used to date. They're around ~$300, but their construction is superior to any others I've owned, are more comfortable, and have a lifetime warranty. I'll say that again...Lifetime. Warranty.

#11 ·
DUCK-DAWG said:
Buy once, cry once. I'm a big proponent of breathable waders, regardless of temp, and LL Bean makes the best I've used to date. They're around ~$300, but their construction is superior to any others I've owned, are more comfortable, and have a lifetime warranty. I'll say that again...Lifetime. Warranty.
X2. I love my L.L. Bean breathables. I used a 20% off coupon to help with the cost. I now have a quality product that the manufacture will stand by for life.

#12 ·
My son and I have the cabelas breathable ... he is 6ft5 and I'm 6ft3 ... 4th season and use them 99% of the time .... we hunt a lot of timber in Ms and still wear them with layers standing in the water .... there so comfortable that I'd rather be a little cold then put on my neo's anymore I think !!!! I'll have to look at the LL Beans with that warranty .... cabelas warranty use to be real good but they've back off it some in the last few yrs but still a good product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.