best friend is a refugee from ct

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

best friend is a refugee from ct

Postby duckgun » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:39 pm

my friend transfered to georgia 5 years ago,he;s a great duck and goose hunter, caller,i keep pushing him to check out this site but he;s not interested in computers and his kids and wife use it for work so they don't encourage him either.i talked to him today about the season coming up he deer hunts turkey dove etc but no one duck hunts in his group,he mentioned allatoona lake is 6 miles from home is it any good for ducks?thanks for any info. his area is dallas ga.any other public places woud be appreciated.
duckgun
hunter

Re: best friend is a refugee from ct

Postby Dep6 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Not much up that way. Toona may have a few birds on it but I have not ever heard much about it.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby gagoosebuster » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:01 am

That's because us locals keep it a closely guarded secret. You think the free masons have a secret society, you ain't seen nothing like the red top mtn. Duck hunter society. Rain or shine it's life is nothing more than duck killing on the toona. Without knowing the secret handshake or password I will not be able to share much info. However, I will tell you the toona ain't for the weak shoulder! Why I remember about 4 or 5 years back there was a huge conspiracy on the refuge and woodys to leak the secret of all the pintails on allatoona. I thought we were going to go to war with some of the oos'ers trying to infiltrate our allatoona. It was a battle and every duck hunter had their taser and RPG on hand ready to strike at every ramp. It was a short but bloody battle and alot of good men were lost. But in the end good prevailed and the evil oos'ers were driven back across state lines to their coot filled blinds on guntersville. Since then we have built a high fence and moat around the lake and we have our lake allatoona and limits of pintails all to ourself.
gagoosebuster
hunter

Postby duckgun » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:28 pm

good story! they always say you johnny rebs can tell tall tales!billy yank wishes he could tell tales to.but i'll do better with pictures since story telling ain't my forte,my lake in ct produces limits and even some bling bling like my double band last week on candlewood lake. :grooving: :lol: good luck !
Attachments
banded bird 12-16-09 057.jpg
duckgun
hunter

Postby trevorh » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:02 am

Your friend will probably be disappointed with Ga duck hunting in general, having come from CT. He shouldn't waste his time on Alatoona. We used to shoot a few ducks over on Lake Weiss on the GA/AL border. He could also try floating down the Etowah River.
trevorh
Newb

Postby duckgun » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:10 pm

thanks! i'll pass it on to him. good hunting! :beer:
Attachments
1205090949.jpg
duckgun
hunter

Postby trevorh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:12 am

We used to also kill a few Mallards and Black Ducks on the regulation pond below Carters Lake. But that was over 20 years ago. I'm not sure what its like these days.
trevorh
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting