redheads

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

redheads

Postby duckbuster_5623 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:16 pm

looking to kill some red heads can anyone help me out
duckbuster_5623
Newb

Re: redheads

Postby Dep6 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:35 am

Very few I have seen killed in GA, Tx is the hotspot I am told for redheads.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby macdog82881 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:18 am

X 2 on texas or mexico
macdog82881
hunter

Postby flyfisher76544 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Redheads, we used to nail em in Texas just using mallard dekes. They respond to mallard calls etc etc. Might wanna put your dekes out in a line. Hope you can get a few, esp if they are in full winter plumage! Good luck.
Hunt where the ducks want to be, not where you want the ducks to be
flyfisher76544
hunter

Postby Remman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:36 pm

There was a few in South Ga this weekend. :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GARLS3122 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 am

Had a group of about 20 decoy this weekend and we took 3. Two beautiful drakes and a hen. That was rare to see.
Doubt they are still around. Don't know what to tell ya. I didn't expect to see those.
Go Dawgs!
GARLS3122
hunter

Postby Bear47 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:35 am

some guys posted on another site, that they had some in South GA this past week.
would be nice to see some and get some shots on one or more!!

another guy posted on the Alabama site that hey had a hundred or so come in near Auburn?? not sure where but that's close to GA.
maybe we will see some show up.
Bear47
hunter

Postby gagoosebuster » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:10 pm

lake juliette is full of red heads right now. everyone i talk to is shooting them there. up by the dam is holding a good bit of birds.
check out this link

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=458125
gagoosebuster
hunter

Postby gagoosebuster » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:44 pm

i woudl'nt have thought anything about going to hunt juliette by the guys post, i would have figured he got lucky or something. but the guys who got on there fussing at him about posting up lake names and making a big deal about him giving out public locations that is what let me know the hunting is good! i would have looked at his picture and went on if they hadnt made such a big deal about everything. i cant wait to get down there and try to get me a red head or two!
good luck and be sure to post pics if you have a good hunt.
gagoosebuster
hunter

Postby labhunter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:59 pm

You going out there tomorrow?
" A hungry dog hunts best."-Trevino
Labhunter
labhunter
hunter

Postby gagoosebuster » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm

no not tomorrow, probably want go until this weekend. if your going post up and let me know if the birds are still there,im curious to hear how it is. i cant wait to get out there this weekend!
gagoosebuster
hunter

Postby labhunter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:12 pm

Got to find someone to go with me. Cant go by myself.
" A hungry dog hunts best."-Trevino
Labhunter
labhunter
hunter

Postby GARLS3122 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:16 am

Well, thanks to the guy on GON and now you, it will be packed out this weekend and the birds that were there will be gone now from all the people stacked up and shooting at them. :clapping: :hammer: We shot some out there last weekend, but I wouldn't say it was full of redheads. I like the magazine, but GON and that website have been the downfall of Juliette for many years. I have been hunting there for 14 years and everytime they write an article about it or someone post something about it on the forum it is packed out the next week! There is some decent hunting out there at times, but it ain't that great! Same thing happened to Seminole and Guntersville. People need to keep things to themselves.
Go Dawgs!
GARLS3122
hunter

Postby gagoosebuster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 pm

People should be able to say anything they want and give any info they want to whomever. It's just as much their right to tell as it anothers right to keep quite. I personally wouldn't tell anyone where I was hunting on public if I had a good hunt there but I can't get mad at someone who does either. I don't believe half the stuff that's posted anyways when locations are given out but when someone jumps in fussing at someone else for talking about a public lake, that let's everyone know there is a good spot that everybodies wanting kept quite.that particular post had several people jumping in telling the guy to stop talking about the lake. If the original post was just ignored or a simple pm sent to him asking him to take out the lake name it would have went to the bottom of the page and would have been forgotten. But nope everyone had to make a big deal about him giving out super secret public lake names and it kept the post at the top for more and more to see. It's probably still at the top of page, Not to mention the fact that if it was not some good hunting out there why would they be mad and telling him how evil he is for telling the name of the lake he shot some red heads on?
Anyways see ya at juillete better get there early.
gagoosebuster
hunter

Postby cootman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:29 pm

while yall are fussing about the the situation the red head for the most part rode out on the front but goodluck on l j maybe 75 birds for all yall to quack at
(PRIORITYS)::JESUS CHRIST::FAMILY::DUCK HUNTING<THATS ALL I NEED
cootman
hunter

Postby GARLS3122 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm

It just aggravates me because I personally don't understand why people get on the internet and tell about the place that they are killing birds or any other game for that matter. :huh: Oh well, it's just a couple of miles from my house, so I guess I'll see some of you out there.
Go Dawgs!
GARLS3122
hunter

Postby gagoosebuster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:12 pm

dont get me wrong, i agree with you about it being frustrating. and i feel like we probably handle public hunting spots the same way....silently.i just dont feel like it is any of my business who says what nor do i feel any obligation to tell them they are wrong for posting what they want. if i had taken them and they started posting up about it, thats different, in that case i would burn their house down :biggrin: ......... but i wouldnt post up that i burned it down because i wouldnt wont to bring any more attention to their post.
in my opinion there is no where in georgia i care enough about to worry if its crowded or someone else hears about, georgia duck hunting is the worst duck hunting in the world. i know everyone cant leave every weekend to go hunt farther west, but there is nothing here to care if someone else hears about. save your money and time and go hunt a state that has real duck hunting.
good luck with juliette and you dont have to worry about me being in there, there are much greener pastures i care to be in.
gagoosebuster
hunter

Postby Ol' Red » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:32 am

Juliette is loaded with them. There are some other birds showing up as well.....gadwall and mallards are showing up with the front. Make sure the wind is at your back and you should be golden. Get out there early and cut'em Jack!

Red
Ol' Red
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting