southcentral ga report

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

southcentral ga report

Postby Big Fish » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:05 am

Gentlemen,
DISCLAIMER: I'm sure many of you are killing birds. This is just what I have been doing. Take it with a grain of salt.

Nothing. Nadda. Zippo. I'm broken. I can't kill birds. I can find birds but they won't decoy. I quit. Not really...

Hunted Christmas morning in what was supposed to be extreme winds and rain on the edge of a cold front. It did rain. At 430 am. ..
Got to my spot (LATE). Wind and rain had already stopped. I should have gone bass fishing. Saw 6 divers on my public water. They would not decoy despite my sweet spread and the fact that I was the only one on the water. I waited until 830. I saw a pair land up by the dam. I made a sneak and belly crawled up to the edge. They were getting nervous. It was a poke, but I shot. Probably pushing 45 yards. I hit the drake buffie on the first shot. Rolled him. It got up. I hit him on the second shot. He kept flying. At this point, I'm in tears. I sat down and thought about bad of a person I must have been in my prior life. Then, the pair was flying right at me. They were a touch high, but I shot anyway. I hit the drake again. Watched him cartwheel and then KEEP FLYING.
I'm going back to MI for a couple weeks to celebrate a late christmas and new years. Probably drink some beer and hopefully catch some steelhead. When I come back, the rivers BETTER BE DOWN and the birds BETTER COOPERATE!
Y'all be safe and have a good New Years.
Save me some birds for when I get back.
Big Fish
Big Fish
hunter

Re: southcentral ga report

Postby Remman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Mr. Ed, you be careful, and have a safe trip!! Don't worry about how the hunting is in GA. I think the birds are trying to stay away from the peach state!! :crying:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting