augusta overcrowding

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

augusta overcrowding

Postby swampwise » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:07 pm

people.

augusta has some decent places to hunt, albeit almost all of them are public land. i'm glad duck hunting is catching on so good around here, but good lord. if youre going to hunt ducks, please do it in a somewhat intelligent way. my undisturbed hole, in which ive hunted for the past 4 years alone, and done pretty good, was totally overrun by skybusters this year. the one time i did make it in before anyone else, two other guys pulled up 50 yards away and proceeded to ruin my hunt. now that our short season is over, please take shooting lessons, take some clay practice, and learn how to judge distance to an airborne duck. the unreal number of tennis shoe hunters in augusta is getting out of control. pick your shots and stop ruining the hunting for everybody else.
assateague wrote:
Indawoods wrote:I had a great, great aunt born with a vestigial tail. :lol3:

That was your great, great uncle. Tell him to turn around.
swampwise
hunter

Re: augusta overcrowding

Postby Remman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Hate to say it, but it happens every where!! Maybe they will give up, because the season sucked so bad. :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GADKHNTR » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Sucks that you had hunts rurnt, but Trust me,
Augusta doesn't have the worst of it.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby GeorgiaDuckBuster » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 am

The problem is these people see duck hunting on TV and think hey that seems pretty easy. I'm going to go kill me some ducks. They don't understand all of the different aspects to go into successful duck hunting. To them it’s just shooting something. They are probably the same type people that shoot at deer in the truck from the road. Punters (poser hunters) as I call them. It's becoming a plague from what I can tell and I understand your frustration. The only hunt that I had that could have been some what successful this year was ruined by these same type people shooting at ducks 60 feet above the tops of trees virtually keeping all ducks from working in the area. It sucks man. The only way to escape it is to hunt private land which is hard to come by. Maybe next year it will be better.

John
"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." - Theodore Roosevelt
"Support Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl, without them we wouldn't have waterfowl to hunt." - Myself
GeorgiaDuckBuster
hunter

Postby SGM-DKHNTR » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:18 am

Howdy boyz.

Them sky busters are all over. They follow me around to every state I get transferred to. They're in TX, VA, PA, NY, then they followed me down to GA down to ole Lake Seminole, then all the way across the US to Ft Lewis, WA.

I'm in Iraq now. If you wanna get away from them sky busters come on over. I aint seen a one since I got here. :wink:

Hey GADKHNTR, how'd your season go?

Later boyz!
:beer:
"I see dead birds flying"
SGM-DKHNTR
hunter

Postby swampwise » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:04 am

looks like ill be a hardcore deer hunter for a few years until this subsides. or i win the lottery and buy a piece of land with some ducks in it. time to warm up the ol' bow string i reckon.
assateague wrote:
Indawoods wrote:I had a great, great aunt born with a vestigial tail. :lol3:

That was your great, great uncle. Tell him to turn around.
swampwise
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting