Any success?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Any success?

Postby GAduck&goose » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:01 pm

Yesterday was opening day and was lucky enough to get the invite with some friends that have some property in the family. Small lake/pond had good habitat and we say over a hundred ducks. Between 3 of us, we killed 12. One Gadwall, the rest were Woodies, Mallards and Green Wing Teal.

Grilled a Teal tonight. Soaked in season salt water overnight, then in coke for a couple of hours. Sliced a Jalepeno, wrapped it in bacon and grilled. Very Tasty.
GAduck&goose
hunter

Postby Hawk » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:50 pm

Man that sound's mouth watering. had to work over the weekend. but come Tuesday, off for the rest of the week. Good luck and congrats on the shooting....Hawk
Hawk
hunter

Postby gahunter » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:54 am

Hey d&g, what part of the state? We never have any good hunts like that in or around Hancock co. I went saturday morning and about 25 woodies, but didn't kill any. I figured that's how it would go, because I was hunting a roost hole, and they were all leaving. I was just tired of deer hunting, but I had to get in the woods some way or another. I'm in RI at my in-laws now, so I won't get to go again until the Dec. season comes in. I am going after sea ducks up here on sunday, though. Y'all wear'em out down home this week. I am jealous.
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting