the scoop on GA

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

the scoop on GA

Postby marshstalker83 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:50 am

Hey guys I just came down on orders to ft benning and was wondering what the waterfowling was like down there. I am currently at ft lewis wa and do most of my hunting right on post. I have a 14 ft jon boat and wanted to make sure it was worth hauling it across the country to use. I will be coming down there in April 2011 so will have plenty of time to scout and look around before the 2011 season opens. I would be greatful to anyone with any info.
There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period. -Ted Nugent
marshstalker83
hunter

Re: the scoop on GA

Postby Dep6 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:31 am

For lots of places a 14 ft jon is great. Send me a PM when you get here.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby craigm63 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 am

there is alot of water on Benning and it backs up to the chattahoochee river
craigm63
hunter

Postby P4PLabs » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Hey guys, just got down here to manage a vehicle recovery course construction project on Fort Benning. I have not been able to hook up w/ any waterfowlers as of yet, but would love to get in w/ some. Let me know what is around and I would be more than willing to take you back to Western KS or SD for a nice long pheasant weekend or two this season. I have a bunch of FFD's for geese and quite a few GHG mallard dekes as well as 2-finished labs for the retrieving. Hope to hear back.....
P4PLabs
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Welcome to Ga. Hopefully we can work something out, love wild pheasant.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting