Utah hunter moving to GA

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Utah hunter moving to GA

Postby maramarama » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:55 am

Well I will be moving to Tifton. I am excited to try hunting in the south but will miss the marshes by the great salt lake. I have 4 young hunters. How is the hunting? Is their any good diver hunting? It is a diffrent idea to me to go hunting without frozen toes and fingers, I think I will adjust quickly.

Gordon
maramarama
hunter

Re: Utah hunter moving to GA

Postby Remman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 am

:welcome: to GA!!
just dont get your hopes up. Tifton is a nice town, went to school there back in the 90's. If you want good diver hunting you might try lake Seminole,lake Blackshear, or drive over here to the coast. CoachN lives over there you might want to give him a shout, or you can Pm me for more info!!
Good luck on the move. :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dep6 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:53 am

:welcome: You gonna have to really hunt for them but there are a few divers here, too many skybusters at Seminole, Blackshear is a woody hole. You gonna have to travel to find any. Good luck.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby maramarama » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:29 am

Woodies were pretty rare out in UT. That will be fun, do they decoy well? Do you get Brant along the coast? Any sea ducks?

Thanks for the info.
maramarama
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Never seen a Brant, maybe Remman has, haven't seen much of seaducks.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Woodiewacker » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Welcome to GA!!!! :welcome: Woodies decoy well if you can see them...Round here they love to come squealing down the creek or through the trees at Mach 2 ...iust to land 20 yards outside ofur dekes and swim around...Oh and if you dont get any action by 30 mins after LST and youre in a woodie hole...hang it up and go back to bed....Sat total of 12 hours between 3 different hunts hoping to get at least one ...Zeroed....The hunting can be tough but once you learn the area its real fun....we see a few different types around here...Not the huge numbers youre used to but its enough to get me out of bed and into a marsh....As for the coast...Ive got i black brant i shot in South Carolina bout ten years ago on the wall...Havent seen one here ever..Seaducks....Never seen any of em here either...Doesnt mean they arent here ive just never targeted them so i dont know....
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby Remman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:11 pm

sea ducks are here you just need a battleship to get to them!! let me know if you head this way its 2 1/2 hrs from tifton :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby maramarama » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:02 am

Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to a new hunting experince.
maramarama
hunter

Postby hydrilla » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:07 pm

maramarama wrote:Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to a new hunting experince.

I have a feeling you are going to be disappointed with your duck hunting opportunities here. Like someone said before, you can kill a few, but it takes some work. You probably won't see anywhere near the numbers you are used to out west. Now if you are interested in turkeys, wild pigs, and pine goats, welcome to the land of opportunity.
hydrilla
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting