DU Migation Map

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

DU Migation Map

Postby GeorgiaDuckBuster » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 am

I saw a post inquiring about any teal around which got me thinking about how I try and track birds. I use DU's migration mapper to get an idea when birds should be moving in. Just tought I would post about the map for those who don't know about it. It is a really good source because they used Bing maps and with that it allows for there Birds Eye View option which can help in scouting new locations too. The only thing I don't really like about it is it seems that there are only a few people posting on it, so we all need to spread the word and get more updates on the birds in your area.
"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." - Theodore Roosevelt
"Support Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl, without them we wouldn't have waterfowl to hunt." - Myself
GeorgiaDuckBuster
hunter

Re: DU Migation Map

Postby SkyPeeler » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:14 pm

I agree... I will do my part. :beer:
(( SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS ))
SkyPeeler
hunter

Re: DU Migation Map

Postby Woodiewacker » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:02 pm

I try to update it however i dont think Lake Mayers population gives any indication to the migration until about jan...lmao...Ill do my best to update....
Woodiewacker
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting