quick goose hunt

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

quick goose hunt

Postby PLP » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:11 pm

My friend rob took me to a honey hole thursday..thanks to him,and a generous landowner who wants them gone..30 minute hunt,3 groups of geese...I got 5,rob got 3..he let me shoot first each time.Lots of fun!They sure do make a thump when they hit!

PLP
hunter

Re: quick goose hunt

Postby georgiaboy83 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Nice, congrats to the both of you. Wish I could find a landowner near me that nice. Most of them say the same thing, my wife and kids like to watch them or my kids feed them. :sad:
"One mans work is another mans treasure"
georgiaboy83
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:10 pm

nice one. I'm the same way...wish i could find a landowner with a goose problem that wanted a solution. Love duck hunting...but i miss a good goose hunt.

Nice looking birds! :thumbsup:
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby PLP » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Thanks guys..I was suprised to find out there was a landowner willing to let us shoot them.He told us to hurry back..There was another guy down the road who had around 250 in his pasture,but he didn't want to let us shoot them right now because he wants to move his cows out first...come back later..Polite way of saying no I assume..It's not like I am going to shoot the cows...but I understand..Anyways we will check back later and see if he meant it,or was just politely saying no.Atleast we are in good standings with one of his neighbors..maybe that will count for something. Good luck to y'all.
PLP
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting