Guided Needed

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Guided Needed

Postby P-RO » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:33 pm

I know its late but are any guides near North Georgi/ South Carolina open for a half day Sat morning hunt?
Nothing's better than smashin ducks with your best four legged friend!!!
P-RO
hunter

Re: Guided Needed

Postby hydrilla » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:33 pm

I don't know that you are really going to find a "guide" in Georgia, because there aren't really enough ducks in most areas of the state to make a living guiding duck hunts. If you I was going to fork the money out to pay a guide I would drive west or at least up to the coast of NC. You should be able to find guides there on the internet. I guess the real question is what are you looking for? What kind of duck(s) are you looking for, do you have a group of people, etc..... If you provide that information I am sure someone can point you in the right direction.
hydrilla
hunter

Postby GeorgiaDuckBuster » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Check Skeeter Branch. They have an ad in the back of GON and I think in Georgia Sportsman. They are located in Lavonia in Hart County in North East GA near the SC line. I have hunted there before, its pretty good but no wild ducks, just barn raised ones. Guess it depends on what type of hunt your looking for, if your just wanting to kill ducks it will work.

GDB
"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." - Theodore Roosevelt
"Support Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl, without them we wouldn't have waterfowl to hunt." - Myself
GeorgiaDuckBuster
hunter

Postby pk38 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:29 pm

On our private spot we have some big days........pm me if interested we could work something out comfotable blind pretty good numbers on the average
DU Chapter Sponsor at Morris Innovative High School
Hoping to bring duck hunting to disadvantaged youths
pk38
hunter

Postby LouA » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Duck Guide?
Chris Scally is an excellent and well equipped hunting and fishing guide in both North Georgia and North Alabama.
I have booked several trips with him over the years and all have been safe and successful for both geese and ducks.
I don't know if he does early season teal hunts but I look forward booking a hunt with him in December.

Chris is on the water year round as a fishing and hunting guide, and as a conservationist. He has been featured as a Field & Stream "Heroes of Conservation" and I heartily recommend his guide service: "River Through Atlanta" for both trout fishing and duck/goose hunting.

See: http://www.riverthroughatlanta.com/duckhunts.htm

Lou A
LouA
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting