Thoughts on the upcoming season??

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Thoughts on the upcoming season??

Postby BenelliBoy75 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Since the day of reckoning is steadily approaching, I thought I would see what everyone's thoughts are on the the upcoming season. I've been reading a lot of articles and numerous posts on the web. From what I've been gathering I'm thinking this season could be one of the better ones that we've seen in a few years. Heck it def wouldn't take much to top last year. :lol3: What do you guys think?
"What happened to your call, sounds like crap..." "I think I blew my dip in it again..."
BenelliBoy75
hunter

Re: Thoughts on the upcoming season??

Postby S_GA_Boy2008 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:55 pm

I think it is going to be a good one. Last year we had TONS of water and all the birds were spread out. I believe this year we will be seeing birds pretty concentrated. Should be better than last year though only if the cold weather will finally push in though. It's been hot as heck outside down in S GA!
S_GA_Boy2008
hunter

Postby allnighter » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:11 am

Im going to throw my 2cents in here. I think there were more birds then normal but for the most part they were local birds. On the cold thing, the old timers have told me all my life that is it gets cold the birds with come. Last year it was colder than i can ever reminder it being in 25 years. The deer and ducks didn't move well in my area(north florida). I think the water need to be alot less that it was last year. Soon there will be more water once the trees start to drop the sap it want take much rain to fill an area up. All in all last year was an all together off year.
COLD= We need it to be cold up north to freeze the birds out it doesn't matter as much down here as it does north off us.
WATER=We need some water so there is enough to hold them and let them spread out a little so they are not to pressured.But not to much to where they are to thin.
FEED,FEED,FEED=Is what they need. Feed is the number one if there is feed the birds we do get will stay around longer. At one time the flyway went right through this area. But the change in ag in this area (north florida,south geogia) has moved the birds away from the area due to the lack of agriculture which the birds use for feed. Thats why we need it to be a good natural feed year.

Anyways hope for the best yall shootem up- up there and we will help with the clean up down here. :thumbsup:
allnighter
hunter

Postby Big Fish » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:15 am

I foresee many wood ducks in my future...
Unfortunately, not much else.
Big Fish
hunter

Postby jedisme » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Big Fish wrote:I foresee many wood ducks in my future...
Unfortunately, not much else.

The ducks stop in Tennessee!
jedisme
hunter

Postby Big Fish » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 pm

They are smart! I'd avoid heading south of the M-D line if I could, too! Too many guns... :lol3:
Big Fish
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting