Really???

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Really???

Postby djchris » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 am

Not completely certain why, but wanted to make mention of a couple of thing that happened over the weekend.

First, while at a high school football game.....notice a younger gentleman...approx. 20ish.....wearing max 4 jacket and asked if he hunted ducks. He replied "yes".....so asked where he lived.....he said around the monroe area.....then just kinda turned and went his way.

Next, while in the waterfowl clothing section at bass pro....struck up a conversation with a younger gentleman as well....bout 25 or so i'm guessing......again, ask where he lived and turns out he lives fairly close to where i live......during our conversation mentioned that i end up going alone alot and asked if he was interested in getting together sometime.....he said " well I'll take your number and if something comes up i'll give ya a call".

Now, maybe it's because I'm an older individual that's been around awhile, but what ever happened to just talking without being threatened that someone is going to try to take over your dang hunting hole. What happened to the opportunity for new experiences with new fellow duck hunters......or is it you have so many dang friends that there is no room for another. A gentleman who has never seen me.....just knows about me through this forum......has offered for me to come shoot with him sometime. I hunt some private ponds and on lake lanier in the hall county and surrounding area.....some over near carrollton.....now, no secret where i go.....if your in the area sometime and would like to hunt with a 45 yr old, husband and dad of 3 who loves to persue the art of killin ducks and learning more how to be more successful.....give me a shout sometime. :beer:
djchris
hunter

Re: Really???

Postby Woodiewacker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Heck im 27 and in bass pro all the time....If youre in the SAv area let me know im always willing to go hunt with another fellow waterfowler..and they are always welcome to join me....Its not a generation thing its an attitude thing....
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby Remman » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Most of these young hunters seem to have a big chip on their shoulders, Maybe they feel they have something to prove? :huh:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby FlaDuckbuster19 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:54 pm

im 19 , Its not a age thing to me ,im willing to take or go with someone new just to get a new aquantince. Someof my friends that duck hunt think thier the best and hunt the best spot others are like me. My opinion its ethics about hunting just my 2 cents.
FlaDuckbuster19
hunter

Postby po'boy_outfitter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:13 pm

hot dam im 23 and man i wish i could find some were else to hunt i think they were the way they were because the were scared you old guys would show them up hahahah
po'boy_outfitter
hunter

Postby Remman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:52 pm

:lol: :lol:

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodiewacker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Rem knows ill show to hunt or scout or what ever is needed...Hes met me...I showed up and all i had was an invite...
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby Remman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 pm

he showed up, and was a real trooper after the therapeutic mud wash!! :lol:
I have been there before, I hate that nasty mud

Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby stumpknocker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:07 pm

I am new to the forum, but not to duck hunting, I am looking for more places to hunt in and around the Altamaha WMA. I am from Moultrie but I don't hunt at Seminole too much. I just like the east side of the state. I would appreciate any info on the river or around the islands . Any Help would be appreciated.
stumpknocker
Newb

Postby GeorgiaDuckBuster » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Sorry I haven't got back to either of your pm's cuz. The last year has been an absolute disaster, so many really big changes for myself and my family. Back on topic I would love to get out and hunt some time. The biggest problem for me will be getting the time to go. I have just started a new job in ATL so most of my week is out for pretty much anything, especially because I have to get up at 4. I will possibly have some time on the weekends but with the holidays coming up I'm sure my wife will have plenty of crap for me to do. Just pm me early in the week when your planning on going and if I get time I will do the same and hopefully we will be able to get together and bust some ducks.

GDB
"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." - Theodore Roosevelt
"Support Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl, without them we wouldn't have waterfowl to hunt." - Myself
GeorgiaDuckBuster
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Remman wrote:he showed up, and was a real trooper after the therapeutic mud wash!! :lol:
I have been there before, I hate that nasty mud

It was still warm out and the rain rinsed me off...kinda..hey what was I going to do get mad and storm off down the dike...lol....Look forward to seeing yall down there opening morning...
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby Ringneck » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:37 pm

stumpknocker wrote:I am new to the forum, but not to duck hunting, I am looking for more places to hunt in and around the Altamaha WMA. I am from Moultrie but I don't hunt at Seminole too much. I just like the east side of the state. I would appreciate any info on the river or around the islands . Any Help would be appreciated.

Stumpknocker I don't hunt GA but I'll shoot the crap with you about duck hunting anytime. I'm just a little west of Moultrie in the the big metropolis of Hartsfield. I'll talk about it all day and hack out a decoy in the process. I just don't knwo where to go in GA so I always head back to familiar water in AL.

I've had some gracious offers by several guys on here for hunts in GA. Don't get the cold shoulder to often but I don't ever ask about spots either...that may something to do with it. I need to start taking some of them up it.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

-Albert Einstein
Ringneck
hunter

Postby pk38 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:28 am

Im not afraid to let someone outside my area come hunt just bad experiences with lettin other hunters in the area know where the ducks are......where I live a good spot is hard to find.......where im from if they're not a close friend u hunt with regularly u keep ur mouth shut........im not a jerk or anything just like to kill ducks with my friends and for them to still be there and not have to patrol the gate at five am every morning of duck season to make sure no ones trying to jump the fence to hunt
DU Chapter Sponsor at Morris Innovative High School
Hoping to bring duck hunting to disadvantaged youths
pk38
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 am

PK38 I know what you mean, had that happen a few times.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby mrbill » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:48 pm

i am older as well and looking for someone to duck hunt with myself i just recently got back into it as my son is hooked now since he went with me last year. i am 43 also my son 13 we would like to hook up with other fellow duck hunters also.
mrbill
Newb

Postby dmh » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 pm

All of my friends only hunt deer and finding someone around here (Gainesville) that likes/wants to duck hunt is not easy... so I wouldn't turn my nose to an opportunity! I'm 29 so I guess I'm still a youngster :smile:
dmh
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 pm

Mr bill where are you located?
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby kr01641 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:09 pm

I like the way you hunt.The way you mentioned has gotten me on many of my hunts for i am one of the unfortunates with out any family land.Im willing to go hunting any time.You wanna go ill definately try and go.Hope to hear from you.
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), Winner Take Nothing
kr01641
hunter

Postby QuackChaser15 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Brand new to this site but this looks awesome, Ive been looking for something like this. To the original post, I live in Snellville and am also always looking for places to go around here and in North Georgia. I am actually going to scout a few places on Lanier tomorrow to try and hunt this weekend, and I am always happy to find a hunting partner or tag along if you need one. I will be here in town through next weekend before I head back to school so let me know if you need a partner anytime between now and then or if you have any advice on hunting Lanier
QuackChaser15
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting