North Georgia Ducks

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

North Georgia Ducks

Postby Danny.G » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:32 am

Anyone out there that hunt ducks in the N. Geargia area? I've never hunted ducks in GA. and don't know where to go nor do I have anyone to go with. New to GA. relocated from TX. I'm looking for a hunting partner.

Danny
"The Fleas Come With The Dog"
Danny.G
Newb

Postby Hawk » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:47 am

D.G. Sorry dude, I'm in the southeast of the state. do most of my hunting in the river and swamps, private ponds, if you check this thread out , you can get a pretty good idea about places to go. I have hunted some of the bigger lakes for goose. how for north are you? I have some co-workers who know people on some of the power-plant lakes, I might be able to pass so info to ya....Hawk

P.S. welcome to the site
Hawk
hunter

Postby strech382 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:29 pm

I live close to Clarks Hill and also Lake Russel. i normally go out to Arkansas, but there is no water and no ducks. i talked to a guide friend of mind and he said there wasn't a duck in arkansas, at least not near st. charles. i was just wanting some help. i've got a plan in place to go with a few friends around town, we have a couple of places close to Athens, but would like to go to a lake and kill some Geese or some big ducks. i would like some suggestions
strech382
Newb

Postby New2TheHunt » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:46 pm

Hey, I live in North GA area and my friends and I just got into duck hunting... and were loving it. We have fished a swamp over the past year on some property of one of my friends and had a blast catching bass. Then we began to see a ton of ducks. We just started hunting them and are having some great luck. Our first day out we saw a couple hundred easy and were located in the north west georgia area. Let me know if you have found any luck wherever you are. God speed and Good Luck.
2LT Aaron Holt (IN)
New2TheHunt
Newb

Postby geeseman » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:48 am

lots of ducks and water in Arkie, 8 of us went over two weeks ago and had a blast...if you find somewhere to go north ga better keep to yourself, people internet scout round here and the next thing you know you have no more ducks, also good luck on to many people telling where any good spots are in Ga anyway... if ya aint got some dimes in ya pocket to throw out for a spot on someones duck lease forget it...save ya money go arkie, miss or Tn...
geeseman
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting