Back in the saddle

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Back in the saddle

Postby olddkguide » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:16 pm

I can't tell you guys how great it is to be back in Georgia! I'm not only back but have a new hunting set up for this season. I never get started until after Christmas but just may have to break that rule this year. I just got back from a scouting trip this morning(destination Somewhere in Georgia) and did I see the birds. I stopped counting at 500, bluebills, ringnecks, ruddies, spoonies,cans, gadwall,widgeon, pintail, and mallards. I guess the cold weather this week really pushed em in. I can hardly wait for the weekend. Time to hunt. Take time to go scout right now, you may just be surprised at what you find, I know I was.
olddkguide
hunter

Re: Back in the saddle

Postby Ringneck » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Good to see you back around olddkguide. Hope things are going well for you.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

-Albert Einstein
Ringneck
hunter

Postby Remman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:12 pm

glad to have you back, good luck this seasonl :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby olddkguide » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Spent the day on the water. I didn't see quite as many birds in one spot today, but they were still there and spread out a lot. I figure the wind was not up as much so the birds could raft up more in open water. I seemed to jump a lot more birds in the open water today. Had a couple of flocks of cans buzz me this afternoon, they better not try that trick once the season opens back up. I saw some new birds dropping in from way up but also saw birds climbing to low oxygen level heading south. Things are looking up for this season.
olddkguide
hunter

Postby Ringneck » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:47 pm

I still haven't been out. Locked down with work and I've got some kinda crud I can't shake. Looks like I'll just get to hunt Jan. At least it sounds like there are some birds around.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

-Albert Einstein
Ringneck
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting