Mojo Mallard

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Mojo Mallard

Postby Hardfowler88 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Just got a mojo mallard and i've never used one always have just used dekes. are they any good for georgia hunting becuase out in arkansas and mississippi they dont really work well. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
--Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow--
Team Hardfowler
Hardfowler88
hunter

Re: Mojo Mallard

Postby JAKE22STL » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Mojos work great, as long as there not over used in the area. I'm from Missouri and that’s the issue there every one uses at least one. I know guys that put 3 or more in one spread. By mid season they become more of a red flag than a magnet. They work really well on getting the attention of birds at a distance and bringing them in for a closer look. The hardest part is not losing the pole pieces. I think you'll find it an awesome addition to your spread. :beer:
JAKE22STL
hunter

Postby Hardfowler88 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 pm

thanks dude. yea ive hunted out in arkansas and mississippi and it would flare more birds than attract them. i just figured i needed a little more movement i mean i use quiver mags and jerk strings but i was just lookin for something a little more interesting for the ducks. i appreciate the info man
--Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow--
Team Hardfowler
Hardfowler88
hunter

Postby Big Fish » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:37 am

Seemsto work better before the sun hits them directly. I think they can be a little too shiny in direct sun. I don't use it if I have any chance of seeing geese. Try tipping the wing slightly into the water to kick up some water and give motion to the rest of your dekes on still mornings...
I like mine. Kinda wish I had a remote for it though.
Big Fish
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting