north Georgia Ducking

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

north Georgia Ducking

Postby jamrp@comcast.net » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:06 pm

hey yall, im new to this site but have been duck hunting for a while. the only place ive duck hunted in Ga is lake allatoona which is not the best. anyone know anywhere better? got gun, dog, boat, dekes and will travel
it's what we do.
jamrp@comcast.net
hunter

Re: north Georgia Ducking

Postby olddkguide » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:49 am

You are in a tough part of the state when it comes to ducks. Spend some time looking at maps of your area, small water and then go scout. Folks on here have gotten tired of cyberscouters, not saying you are but just telling it like it is. The duck hunting in that part of the state is feast or famine, so good luck and plan on at least a two hour drive if you like big water. Oh and by the way Welcome to the site most of the guys on here are really good folks. We are all a little cautious about where the ducks are this time of year. I will say this, we have the weather, so we will have ducks this year. Good luck. :welcome:
olddkguide
hunter

Postby jamrp@comcast.net » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:02 pm

thanks for the help man, imma start lookin at some smaller waterways and try to get into some woodies. I too am enjoying this cold weather and caint wait to start killin ducks. thanks again and good luck to ya
it's what we do.
jamrp@comcast.net
hunter

Postby kr01641 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:07 pm

did you find anything good.im up in North georgia as well.
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), Winner Take Nothing
kr01641
hunter

Postby caleb » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:36 pm

X2, I got no ducks just some geese and they are starting to scatter. this season has been weird. they have not stuck to there normal flight paths here. :huh:
caleb
State Moderator

Postby jamrp@comcast.net » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:01 pm

yeah ive been having the same problem, few ducks and the geese are acting wierd. I got sick of it and went to reelfoot for a week :yes:
it's what we do.
jamrp@comcast.net
hunter

Postby benjaminayoung » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Just like jamrp, I'll be moving to the dahlonega area in a few months. I'm not looking for spots, as I grew up in the area, but never duck hunted it. Besides, I like the off season to scout anyway. I have my own complete equipment, but I'm more curious as to the types of ducks in the area. I'm sure there are woodies. Right now I'm in eastern NC (duck central) and I'm sad to leave as a duck hunter, but also excited to try out new area. I'm more afraid I'll be back to hunting only land game (deer, turkey, etc.). Again, I don't want to know where you hunt, just the species of ducks in this area.
Most Common phrases out of a duckers mouth:
Why couldn't you have been born a duck!!!
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
Damn tweedy bird, you about got shot.
There's a whole bunch of duc..oh wait, tweety birds.
I about turned this mosquito into a duck
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Postby djchris » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:35 am

Just wanted to jump in and let you know that there are ducks in N.Ga, but just like others say.....got to get on em and scout. Let me know when you get moved to the area and we can discuss more in detail.....as for ducks they have blasted....mallards, redheads, woodies, ringneck, gadwall, and geese.
djchris
hunter

Postby jamrp@comcast.net » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:13 pm

djchris if u ever wanted to hunt lanier sometime im down to bring my boat and stuff just no longer have mi big motor :sad: so im stuck with the little one so cant get anywhere very fast ha
it's what we do.
jamrp@comcast.net
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting