Hunting near Savanna

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Hunting near Savanna

Postby wing chasers » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Might be coming to Savanna the day after christmas. Trying to get some info on the area, so i can make an educated decissions on whether or not to come. This would be a trip with my gf parents and cant miss a day of hunting.
Ky: ducks- 33 geese- 18
Tn: ducks- 0 geese- 0
In: ducks- 31 geese- 0
Il: ducks- 0 geese- 0
Mo: ducks- 22 geese-1
wing chasers
hunter

Re: Hunting near Savanna

Postby Woodiewacker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Depends on your setup and what equipment you are bringing...If you have a boat hunt the river in effingham county area or the Ogeechee...If not then make the hour long drive down to Darien to Lake Champney its a walk-in spot on the Altamaha WMA bring you waders a dozen dekes and have fun
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby wing chasers » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am

Well i would be by myself, unfortunaly comeing on a family trip with the gf. So trying to find something to do so i dont go crazy missing days of season. I appreciate the info, never hunted georgia befor so its a new experience. Any of you no if there is any place close to possibly try sea ducks, understand its fun thought i might give it a try.
Ky: ducks- 33 geese- 18
Tn: ducks- 0 geese- 0
In: ducks- 31 geese- 0
Il: ducks- 0 geese- 0
Mo: ducks- 22 geese-1
wing chasers
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Youd have nice mixed bag in Darien of divers and puddle ducks..Seaducks...Well are you bringing a camoed battleship with you?? If so then heck yea divers are here..lol...Otherwise stick to the Altamaha WMH..again PM when you get here and are planning to hunt..The WMA allows hunting on WED SAT and SUN..and State holidays....
Woodiewacker
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting