I just want to sit in the freezing rain and wind

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

I just want to sit in the freezing rain and wind

Postby kr01641 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:24 pm

I've only gotten to go on one duck trip this yr up in Tenn.It was an ok hunt.I hadnt duck huted in yrs before this because i was i the Marine Corps Infantry( I was a little busy with this country in the middle east).But now i'm out,bought some decoys,and trying to hunt as much as possible.Taking my yr old weimaraner on her first quail hunt tuesday.Anyone got time to hunt holla at me.Good luck
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), Winner Take Nothing
kr01641
hunter

Re: I just want to sit in the freezing rain and wind

Postby kr01641 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Woods reservoir in Coffee county Tennessee was one of the best WMA's I have ever hunted. There was deer every where and tons of duck. They had pre made blinds that could fit 8 men.They were set up to run power off car batteries. They had decoys set out in front of them. It was awesome.Alot of ducks flying too.And alot of blinds to pick from.If any one heads up there I highly reccomend it.
From Tennessee,
2 woodys
1 Gadwall
6 coots

Georgia
6 Mallards
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

kr01641
hunter

Postby caleb » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:34 pm

thanks for your service to our country!

where do you live now?
caleb
State Moderator

Postby kr01641 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:05 am

I'm in Atlanta GA right now at my parents house, but I'm living in Statesboro GA where I go to Georgia Southern University.

kr01641
hunter

Postby kr01641 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:06 am

Thats hilarious.I just looked at your link!

kr01641
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting