need some advice

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

need some advice

Postby wr2285 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Been hunting for about 5 r 6 years. Aint got many birds ringnecks,woodies and some geese. The best luck that i have had is in a beaver pond with yellow acorns thrown out. Im hunting clarkes hill and augusta area. Beginning to think there are not any ducks in GA. Need some advice on decoy set up and any other tips.I just don't have it down yet. lol
wr2285
Newb

Re: need some advice

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 pm

First piece of advice...never post anything incriminating on the internet, i.e. hunting over corn. Cyberscouters aren't the only ones watching and not posting. My only other advice would be to get out and watch the ducks. You can either try to mimic what they're doing with your decoy spread, or draw them in with numbers. How many/what type of decoys are you hunting with? Do you use a jerk string or use anything to add movement to the spread? Experiment and see what works best for you.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby caleb » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 am

wr2285 wrote:The best luck that i have had is in a beaver pond with yellow acorns thrown out.

:no: :no: :no: :no:

way to make everyone look bad. :mad:
caleb
State Moderator

Postby wr2285 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 pm

I did that one time no privet pond the first time i went yeas a go. :oops:
wr2285
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting