Idiots...

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Idiots...

Postby Woodiewacker » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:56 pm

So far Ive hunted alot this season in a WMA..and have had a pleasant season without any morons...Actually Ive had a great season!! Met some good people and had quite a few great hunts...UNTIL today....I took a guy whos only duck hunted a dozen times or so and nearly all have been wood duck hunts..He wanted a chance to harvest something different and I was acting as his guide so to speak...We got to my second choice spot..Someone else beat us in at 5 am..Congrats to them Im usually one of the first in the marsh...so we are setup ..dekes out mojo ready...its 530 am.. we see lights moving up and down the dike like the group doesnt know where to go...The actually go back to the trucks and drive off..only to come back 10 minutes later...They finally get into the marsh..and we start shining them...they proceed to setup our best guess in the dark is 100 yds away...well..now to accommodate these idiots we have to change our spread and game plan due to them being so close ....We had birds working only for them to shoot at ducks nearly in our decoys....ok kinda pissing me off right now...We had a pair of teal lock up and nearly land right where we wanted em to..picture perfect..Only problem is we cant shoot it because we see 6 sets of eyes looking at us over the gun barrels..2 sets of duck eyes and 4 sets of hunters eyes about 80 yds DIRECTLY behind the ducks...Im very conscience about gun safety..Im not one to pepper a group no matter how in the wrong they are...Not worth the risk..1 of those ducks got away... Later we had a pair of redheads do the same thing only this time one of the idiots decided to go wandering around..so 3 of them are 80 yds behind our landing/shooting lane and this other moron is now 100yds directly infront of us NOw we cant even get any passing shots due to his wandering...Im not one to complain..I understand the issues with public land..Next time I may just shoot those ducks and deal with any issues later...We were being the more respectful hunters today and it wasnt worth it ..They picked up 10 or 12 ducks with 4 ppl we picked up 5..And shouldve done alot better..Morons ruined a hunt for the first time...SO be warned you setup near me again morons you will deal with hot steel showers thats a guaranteed forecast..
Sorry guys had to rant..im still miffed...
Last edited by Woodiewacker on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodiewacker
hunter

Re: Idiots...

Postby Remman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:05 am

you sure they were not game wardens... they did the same thing before Christmas, set up less than 80 yards in front of our deeks. walked over to see why they were so close, their answer... we want to hunt here!! I have only hunt there 1 time this year, because of the morons who throw safety out the window. I do not deal with drama very well, and No duck is worth get shot at!
This season has been a great, except all the hunters who have appeared out of thin air, never had this happen before. They love showing up 30 min before shooting time to scramble to find a spot. Another note... If you see lights shining in your face... this does not mean I am leading you to a good spot!! please be respectful and find some where else to hunt.
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodiewacker » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:55 am

Pretty sure they werent game wardens...I have yet to see one out in there this season...That was the first hunt Ive had any issues with...counted 12 trucks pulling in between 545 and 615 am..None of them bothered us...And yeah me shining you off from my spot isnt me leading you to a better spot!!! morons
Last edited by Woodiewacker on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby PLP » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:22 pm

I had to let alot of birds crap on me yest as well,because there were people set up 150yds of me..The biggest problem is...and the reason so many hunters are coming here is...the internet..they search these areas on google,and hunting forums..they see people writing the names of these places such as you did in your orignal post..

they figure out birds are there or atleast that people are hunting there..then they run their mouths..that's why we get people from florida,alabama,tennesse,the carolina's,and all over ga..especially atlanta..Because people won't quit mentioning these public places on the internet..not trying to be rude,just being honest..
Last edited by PLP on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLP
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Ahhh..yes my mistake..I dont even think about that kinda thing..will edit..
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby PLP » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:38 pm

I edited too..lol..another reason so many people are hitting the wma's is that alot of people have no water,and they are trying to find what water is available..maybe next year will be better,the GW's said this is the worst they have ever seen pressure on public land..
PLP
hunter

Postby 1*DUCK » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 pm

It seems there is a lot of this happening this year, I have been out there on several hunts and had this same thing happen. People need to wake up, put a little of that training they received during hunter safety, to work!!!
I had three younger guys say the same thing, it's public land. That is not the answer of a professional hunter.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW -- " What a ride!!!
1*DUCK
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Im a younger guy..However I was taught a bit of respect towards my fellow man first and I take firearms safety seriously....These people who do this just baffle me...Its a shame that we have to deal with this but I love to hunt and will deal with it..Educating along the way if I must...Hunters safety courses are the way they are for a reason...I took mine over 12 years ago and still reference it from time to time..It is common sense but that cant be taught...Best of luck to all in the remaining season and be safe....
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby PLP » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm considered younger I would say...and I agree it is public land,but you should still hunt safely,and have some respect for others,especially if they beat you to "the hole"..now I don't believe in trying to cut someone out of hunting all together,but give some space if you can,and don't be so freakin greedy..if a bird isn't atleast within 50yds don't shoot at it..( iknow I know 30 or less for some of the pro's..lol)...,but if you are that determined to hunt there...pull up beside me and let's knock some feathers down,and work together..I'm not going home without hunting...some how or another,but you gotta atleast be willing to work with people some..
PLP
hunter

Postby 1*DUCK » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:25 am

PLP,
you are on the right track to a point HOWEVER, if I am already in the water set up and I have someone trenching in near me even with my lights on ""THEY"" should have the RESPECT and COMMON COURTESY to walk over and ask if they are in my line of fire and if so move further away or ASK if they can hunt alongside but to just say, "do not be so greedy", that alone if off course. NO ONE should pile up on someone closer than 100 yards minimum from another hunter and that is a little close.
I have been B-lined peppered and it's no fun, and the jackwagon who fire that shot is lucky I didn't walk over and blast his azz. There is no reason for someone to pile up on another hunter PERIOD!!!!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW -- " What a ride!!!
1*DUCK
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting