New governor/new reservoirs.

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

New governor/new reservoirs.

Postby kr01641 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:47 pm

One of the issues our new Governor will be tackling is our water situation here in GA. With that I was listening to him speak on 750 am radio and Governor Deal said one of the options they will be looking into will possibly be the creating of new reservoirs.With this if we (write in,speak out, act,do something besides sit back and watch,utilize our gvt,) to throw ideas at him and his house maybe we could have one of these new reservoirs turned into waterfowl lands like a wma in tennessee called woods reservoir which was one of the best places i have hunted this year. This could create jobs in the DNR benefit wild life and give us a new wma secified for waterfowl hunting.

Any one else got ideas, thoughts.I personally would love to see something like this happen.
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), Winner Take Nothing
kr01641
hunter

Re: New governor/new reservoirs.

Postby Remman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:17 pm

that would be nice... but with budget cuts I don't see it happening.. keep your fingers crossed that there will be no more cuts :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kr01641 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 pm

I hear you,but if the bill passes for the governor and his house and they build the reservoirs,ill be writing DU our gvt,and other waterfowl wetland conservation agencies to push for it.I've already written one letter to the governor but who knows if he actually reads them.I hpe they do.
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), Winner Take Nothing
kr01641
hunter

Postby 1*DUCK » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:54 pm

That would be a great addition but like Remman said, with the budget cuts, it will be tough for the Govnr to pass a bill with a high $$$$ tag.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW -- " What a ride!!!
1*DUCK
hunter

Postby SubDuck » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:43 pm

We need a reservoir here in the SE part of the state :beer:
"Only at sea can a man truly be free"
SubDuck
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting