headed to Statesboro

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

headed to Statesboro

Postby jamrp@comcast.net » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:31 am

im going to be moving down to statesboro in the fall for school im bringing my dog and all my other stuff and possibly my boat. I was lookin to see if theirs anyone who duck hunts down there, has any helpful info, or is lookin for a hunting buddy. Any info would be appreciated thanks :thumbsup:
it's what we do.
jamrp@comcast.net
hunter

Re: headed to Statesboro

Postby bbanks12 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:51 pm

there is a few places to hunt here, but only a few. the ogeechee river has some good spots to hunt woodies, but finding someone willing to let you hunt can be a challenge. the savannah river is always a good spot. i currently live in statesboro, keep me posted if you move down and i can show you around.
bbanks12
Newb

Postby jamrp@comcast.net » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:43 pm

thanks for the info bbanks12 i will def. contact u when i get down there. i also heard that the swamps around fort stewert can be good for woodies and teal if u are willing to put in the time??
it's what we do.
jamrp@comcast.net
hunter

Postby bbanks12 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:02 pm

on the opposite side of fort stewart, maybe. i know a federal game warden down there, but i still dont hunt down there much, because of MP's and other wardens, and its a pretty good drive. i wanted to make the drive to altamaha wma, but its not looking good. probably scout it out later this summer.
bbanks12
Newb

Postby jamrp@comcast.net » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:25 pm

so i guess ft. stewert is a waste of time, yeah i thought of doing some scouting on the altamaha wma too i heard it can be good if you put in the time to scout. keep in contact if and when you go to scout it out.
it's what we do.
jamrp@comcast.net
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting