help finding duck hunting spots in GA

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

help finding duck hunting spots in GA

Postby jeff the duck commander » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:32 pm

hey guys i live in coweta county GA im 15 years old and im a die hard duck hunter to the end i love the hunting sport i pick up a single reed mallard duck call about 7 mounths ago and i became very good at it i have mastered it as u could say and i cant put it down i have bought preety much every thing i need and i have got a dog i got the hole 9 yards i got like 10 calls and i cant put them down i drive my sister and mom crazy with them but i dont care im addicted as u could say but i have one problem i have every thing i need but ducks i mean i have a place to hunt but i kill like 2 birds a week maby if im lucky theres no birds i just wanted to know if enyone has information on good public lakes enywhere in GA to hunt at so if enyone can help holler back at me plz u would be a great help.
jeff the duck commander
hunter

Re: help finding duck hunting spots in GA

Postby Remman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:41 pm

if your still 15 in nov and can make it down to Darien, you can go on the youth hunt with me.... just shoot me a pm :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby nrohrbach » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Paradise PFA in Enigma, GA has 2 waterfowl hunting days a year. It's a public fishing area, but being that they open it only twice per year for duck hunting it can be pretty dang good hunting. It can get crowded in the "better ponds" so be prepared to be there early. We scouted and found a good spot off the beaten path this past year, limited out 3 hunters on mallards in about 30 minutes.
Outdoor Television Personality - Co-Host of Ultimate Outdoors, Thurs 3:30pm, Fri 9am & Sat 8pm ET on Outdoor Channel | "Fold Ducks Like Laundry"
nrohrbach
hunter

Postby Big Fish » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:48 pm

You may be limited on your travels, but I would look here first:

http://www.gofishgeorgia.com/maps/hunting

Some of the WMA's have flooded bottoms near the rivers. If the Flint is anything like the Ocmulgee, you shouldn't have too much of a problem finding woodies...

I'd compare what the WMA line maps show to what Google Earth shows. Mow a few lawns and pickup a handheld GPS. You can get points right from Google Earth to check out. It has worked for me.

Good luck and stay safe.
Big Fish
hunter

Postby QuackAttack873 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Hey man im in carrollton Shoot me a PM and we will get together :thumbsup:
Wack em' and Stack em'
QuackAttack873
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting