NEED WATER!!!

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

NEED WATER!!!

Postby gaquackster » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey fellas does anyone know where all the water went? im from northeast ga around the athens area. theres a ok amount in the lake there creeks are dried my honey hole is now a sand dune. im currently goin to abac in tifton ga and grandbay wma where we hunt just north of valdosta is dried up to. does anyone have anywhere with water? not trying to steal spots just a new topic for discussion. hows the season gonna pan out with the water level?
Hunting Isn't A Hobby To Me, It's A Way Of LIFE
gaquackster
hunter

Re: NEED WATER!!!

Postby Dep6 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Not looking good for sure.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Big Fish » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:31 am

Main channel of the Ocmulgee is gonna get pretty busy this year. I'm trying to prep my dekes and boat accordingly. We are still more than a month out so hopefully we'll get a little rain...
Big Fish
hunter

Postby nrohrbach » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Noticing the same thing in South Georgia Image
Outdoor Television Personality - Co-Host of Ultimate Outdoors, Thurs 3:30pm, Fri 9am & Sat 8pm ET on Outdoor Channel | "Fold Ducks Like Laundry"
nrohrbach
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:30 am

Be careful on the Ocmulgee, tried Gator hunting on it up north of ya a little and it was a fight, there was so little water.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby caleb » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:24 am

no water up here anywhere. just got a big peice of property in tenn to hunt on the duck river. going to go scout it next week to see if its any better there
caleb
State Moderator

Postby QuackAttack873 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:14 am

Yeah the water is putting a big hurt on some of my holes.. I Just hope we get a little rain before november gets here. :thumbsup:
Wack em' and Stack em'
QuackAttack873
hunter

Postby gaquackster » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:11 pm

nrohrbach wrote:Noticing the same thing in South Georgia Image

hey bud what part of south ga you from? i go to abac in tifton and we scouted most all the wmas round here with water and they dried up. this season aint gonna be weather the storm its gonna be weather the drought.
gaquackster
hunter

Postby nrohrbach » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 pm

gaquackster wrote:hey bud what part of south ga you from? i go to abac in tifton and we scouted most all the wmas round here with water and they dried up. this season aint gonna be weather the storm its gonna be weather the drought.

Not too far from you, in the Valdosta area. I've got one hole left that you can't get to by boat right now. I'm kind of 50/50 on the water situation, it'd be a lot easier to get to by boat, but if it's the only water in the area, should be legit.
Outdoor Television Personality - Co-Host of Ultimate Outdoors, Thurs 3:30pm, Fri 9am & Sat 8pm ET on Outdoor Channel | "Fold Ducks Like Laundry"
nrohrbach
hunter

Postby Waterloo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:18 pm

i hunt about 10 minutes from abac and our pond still have some water but i planted rice this year and the water is not even getting close to the rice, when i planted it was right at the waters edge and now its prolly 20 feet from the water. Still got ducks using our ponds but the creeks are bone dry.
Waterloo
hunter

Postby gaquackster » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:04 pm

i've seen a few ducks around paradise pfa. it'd be great to make some duck hunting connections around swap hunt type thing. me and my roommate got all the decoys and most eupiment just missin a boat haha. if anyones interested in gettin a south ga duck hunt group together we game.
gaquackster
hunter

Postby southGa » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 pm

ga quackster, i also go to abac (i live in nashville) i have a few spots left with water. might be willing to meet up and shoot some birds
southGa
hunter

Postby gaquackster » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 am

southga season aint too far away bud. wanna get together and go over equipment and stuff? i think opening day me and my roommate can squeeze in another hunter on our trip dont wanna say out in public tho. pm me and i'll get you the info
gaquackster
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting